Is there a way to be sure the Amazon affiliate code works?

ThunderBirdKY

Watching LTT videos was one of the main things that got me inspired to build my own pc,and since i will be ordering my parts through Amazon, i want to be sure to get see the affiliate code so that I can give a little back to the channel that has taught me so much, and been so much fun to watch, but is there any way to be sure that the affiliate code worked p openly, or is it a matter of typing it in and just hoping it works? Thanks in advance for any help!

Watching LTT videos was one of the main things that got me inspired to build my own pc,and since i will be ordering my parts through Amazon, i want to be sure to get see the affiliate code so that I can give a little back to the channel that has taught me so much, and been so much fun to watch, but is there any way to be sure that the affiliate code worked p openly, or is it a matter of typing it in and just hoping it works? Thanks in advance for any help!

use this page of links to support LMG/LTT: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/75969-support-linus-tech-tips-our-affiliates-and-sponsors/

once you click on that amazon link, then order away.. it'll stay with the original link.

As airdeano wrote: Use the affiliate links. In the description they wrote, thst after you clicked the link, all purchases you make on Amazon within an hour will give LTT a kickback.

I know what you mean, if you say, you want to see the link in the adress bar, I had the same, but it seems, that Amazon uses cookies to save the affiliate partner, so their system will deal with it and after one hour the cookie expires.

If i got this wrong, tell me I am. But the one hour period seems technically to be a cookie tracker.

SilentOcean

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC Gaming ACX 3.0 MB: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, RAM: Corsair XMS3 4x4GB RAM, Storage: Samsung Evo 840 SSD@120GB, Samsung Evo 850 SSD@1TB, Intel 535 SSD@240GB PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 10 500W Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Cooling: Cryorig H7, 2xFractal Design GP-14, 1xNoctua NF-A14 FLX OS: Windows 10 Home