Phanteks Evolv ATX vs MasterCase Pro 5

Some time ago I made a thread debating on the Evolv and Noctis 450, torn between those two cases for a future build, but decided to pursue the Evolv for the future build.

I'm at another dilemma, between the Evolv ATX and MasterCase Pro 5. I think the Evolv Atx is a beautiful case, but I really like the design and how customizable the MasterCase is, and was really interested in all that was shown off at CES with it.

Note, I haven't done the build yet (still several months away, still in the planning stage). The theme I would be going with the build is a black and red build with MSI components. I'll probably get the Nzxt hue+ for lighting.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

i currently use the entho evolv atx and matx and they are by far the best cases i have ever used.

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

I'm not quite finished with my build, but this will give you an idea of what yours might look like. Primarily MSI components, in an Evolv ATX, with the Hue+. Keep in mind, it's not finished. I still need to do some cable management, testing, and re-orientate a couple fans.

https://goo.gl/photos/xHQFtRLc7qe9hYxH7

If your going to buy the hue+ just get the enthoo luxe which comes with lighting strips built in and they change to 8 colors.

Phanteks Evolve - that's the new one they released, right? It's freaking amazing I wish they had it like a year and a half earlier I would deffinately get that over my H440

EDIT:

ah.. nope, that's Phanteks Eclipse P400 I was thinking of

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

I'm not quite finished with my build, but this will give you an idea of what yours might look like. Primarily MSI components, in an Evolv ATX, with the Hue+. Keep in mind, it's not finished. I still need to do some cable management, testing, and re-orientate a couple fans.

https://goo.gl/photos/xHQFtRLc7qe9hYxH7

Looks pretty good.

The Evolv has a nice look to it, but the MasterCase seems the more gamery one, and does look pretty bad ass

i have come across a few reviews on youtube on the evolv and mastercase pro... i cant decide which one i want more. i figure i will probably get whatever one comes up on sale on slickdeals first.

the external design of the evolve in steel gives you that high quality (high price) apple look. which i really like. if its for your desk at work, or you live in architecturally modern home/office, this is the case you should get.

evolve con: bye bye blu ray burner, or hello big/bulky/ugly external 3.5 drive bay).

EDIT/UPDATE: from the hardwarecanucks review video i dont think the evolv will work for me. i dont think you could fit a h100i up top AND a water cooled GPU 120mm exhaust. not enough room?!?!

the mastercase pro 5 external, though not as nice (the front grill looks a bit boring), is nothing to shack a stick at. the internal customization seems to be better than the evolv (imo or for my needs). i have a h100i, and i like that i would be able to hide some of rad/fans above the mobo, rather then it dropping down in front of the mobo. i use noctua fans which are as ugly as you can get, so i would rather have them hidden.

Con for MC pro 5. i would only be able to fit 2 front intake fans. my current case gives me fan options on the side panel for my 3rd and optional 4th intake. 1) this ensures positive air flow pressure (more intake then exhaust) 2) i eventually want a nvme drive, and from reviews they perform better with a fan directly on them, they tend to thermal throttle (aka the side panel fan on my current case is perfect). these 2 cons could be eased by the simple fact of running the 2 intake fans at a higher speed, but that kinda sucks for daily use since my pc is in my bedroom connected to my tv (used like a HTPC).

i would really like to see both cases with a 240mm aio cpu cooler (up top) along with a gpu with an aio 120mm cooler (rear exhaust) to see how my current parts would look in each case. they look ok in my current setup, but i could see the potential of my current parts making certain cases look crowded.

current setup:

cooler master storm scout 2

h100i (with noctua rad fans)

295x2 GPU = 120mm rad built in (with noctua rad fan).

(3) noctua case fans (intake) (set on slow, fan speed curve set using asus fan control software)

TLDR; as i typed this, i think i realized i would go for the mastercase pro 5 first, but i would also be happy with the evolve if i got it at a good price.

I had the evolv atx for a bit.  Beautiful case.  I got rid of it because I went with a mini itx build.  

Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.

i have come across a few reviews on youtube on the evolv and mastercase pro... i cant decide which one i want more. i figure i will probably get whatever one comes up on sale on slickdeals first.

the external design of the evolve in steel gives you that high quality (high price) apple look. which i really like. if its for your desk at work, or you live in architecturally modern home/office, this is the case you should get.

evolve con: bye bye blu ray burner, or hello big/bulky/ugly external 3.5 drive bay).

EDIT/UPDATE: from the hardwarecanucks review video i dont think the evolv will work for me. i dont think you could fit a h100i up top AND a water cooled GPU 120mm exhaust. not enough room?!?!

the mastercase pro 5 external, though not as nice (the front grill looks a bit boring), is nothing to shack a stick at. the internal customization seems to be better than the evolv (imo or for my needs). i have a h100i, and i like that i would be able to hide some of rad/fans above the mobo, rather then it dropping down in front of the mobo. i use noctua fans which are as ugly as you can get, so i would rather have them hidden.

Con for MC pro 5. i would only be able to fit 2 front intake fans. my current case gives me fan options on the side panel for my 3rd and optional 4th intake. 1) this ensures positive air flow pressure (more intake then exhaust) 2) i eventually want a nvme drive, and from reviews they perform better with a fan directly on them, they tend to thermal throttle (aka the side panel fan on my current case is perfect). these 2 cons could be eased by the simple fact of running the 2 intake fans at a higher speed, but that kinda sucks for daily use since my pc is in my bedroom connected to my tv (used like a HTPC).

i would really like to see both cases with a 240mm aio cpu cooler (up top) along with a gpu with an aio 120mm cooler (rear exhaust) to see how my current parts would look in each case. they look ok in my current setup, but i could see the potential of my current parts making certain cases look crowded.

current setup:

cooler master storm scout 2

h100i (with noctua rad fans)

295x2 GPU = 120mm rad built in (with noctua rad fan).

(3) noctua case fans (intake) (set on slow, fan speed curve set using asus fan control software)

TLDR; as i typed this, i think i realized i would go for the mastercase pro 5 first, but i would also be happy with the evolve if i got it at a good price.

Kind of the way i feel about the Evolv vs. MasterCase. I might end up going for the MasterCase cause there's room to spare and use down the line. The Evolv is a beautiful case but the space does look very limited in all the videos I've seen. There's also the matter of me having to get an ugly ass external setup for my blu ray drive. The MasterCase does give me the possibility to pursue custom watercooling at some point, which is something I've really been going back and forth on. If I were to go with a custom loop with the MasterCase I'd probably go for a thick triple rad to cool the cpu and single gpu.

Kind of the way i feel about the Evolv vs. MasterCase. I might end up going for the MasterCase cause there's room to spare and use down the line. The Evolv is a beautiful case but the space does look very limited in all the videos I've seen. There's also the matter of me having to get an ugly ass external setup for my blu ray drive. The MasterCase does give me the possibility to pursue custom watercooling at some point, which is something I've really been going back and forth on. If I were to go with a custom loop with the MasterCase I'd probably go for a thick triple rad to cool the cpu and single gpu.

you and i have similar potential plans. i too have been watching a lot of watercooling vids from jayzTwocents (and others). it still seems like a market that is very fractured with compatibility. i want a website to offer a configurator with 100% compatible parts that makes sure you get everything you NEED for the parts you have. even the people really good at making custom loops say its a lot of trouble shooting with fittings and parts (im too old to be getting headaches putting together a PC).

if/when i do a custom loop i would prefer hard tubes, and i would still want to break up the loop so the last cpu/gpu doesnt get warm water: reservoir/pump -> gpu's -> 240mm rad -> cpu -> 120mm rad -> reservoir/pump.

i know most people do a 240mm for their cpu, it it would fit, maybe. otherwise i think dual gpu's would require the larger rad, plus i have seen results where a thick 120mm can perform nearly identical to a standard 240mm rad.

you and i have similar potential plans. i too have been watching a lot of watercooling vids from jayzTwocents (and others). it still seems like a market that is very fractured with compatibility. i want a website to offer a configurator with 100% compatible parts that makes sure you get everything you NEED for the parts you have. even the people really good at making custom loops say its a lot of trouble shooting with fittings and parts (im too old to be getting headaches putting together a PC).

if/when i do a custom loop i would prefer hard tubes, and i would still want to break up the loop so the last cpu/gpu doesnt get warm water: reservoir/pump -> gpu's -> 240mm rad -> cpu -> 120mm rad -> reservoir/pump.

i know most people do a 240mm for their cpu, it it would fit, maybe. otherwise i think dual gpu's would require the larger rad, plus i have seen results where a thick 120mm can perform nearly identical to a standard 240mm rad.

I know Ek sells kits that have all parts needed. They have a pretty good 240mm kit. Problem with custom cooling, especially for gpus, is it's expensive as hell. Watercooling parts for gpus is typically $100 per gpu with the needed blocks.

In some of Jayz videos he mentioned there's really no difference in performance on where the fluid moves through first. It not being like cars where you're dealing with extreme temperatures.