help me, all steam games appear uninstalled though on computer!1

Go to solution Solved by suchamoneypit,

go to install them, it should first scan for files, and it will find the game and then it will be playable.

Happened to me before.

about 20 minutes ago; i turned on my wonderful computer (specs bellow) to play some payday 2. Somehow all my steam games appear as if they are uninstalled but are still on my computer..... i don't want to re install all of these games, and frankly i don't have the speed or bandwidth... PLEASE HELP ME

Specs-

intel i7 4770k

asus z87-a

gtx 970 g1 gaming

16gb of Kingston black ddr3

ect.

make sure that your destination pathway in steam is still linked to your install folder. also you could delete all the flies in your steam folder except these Steam.exe (also known as the application under 'type) Steamapps (contains your game files) Userdata (This is optional, as it contains game saves for *some* games).

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

Are they on a different drive to your boot drive?

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

1. Try restarting

2. Try and install one of the games, that were originally working and see if it discovers original files.

3. Make sure the directory where your games are located are shown in steam

Main PC : CPU: I7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MOBO: Asus Maximus Hero VII RAM: 32GB Crucial 2133MHz GPU: GTX 980ti 2-Way SLI Drives: 2 850 Evo 250GB, 1 TB WD Blue CASE: 750D PSU: RM1000W

1. Try restarting

2. Try and install one of the games, that were originally working and see if it discovers original files.

3. Make sure the directory where your games are located are shown in steam

i have tried the first one, mind going into more detail with #3

Yes, they are on a WD red 2tb

Check your steam settings to make sure steam thinks that there is a steam library there

Check your steam settings to make sure steam thinks that there is a steam library there

want to go more in depth, walk me through it?

go to install them, it should first scan for files, and it will find the game and then it will be playable.

Happened to me before.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

Happened to me before.

i HONESTLY LOVE YOU

i HONESTLY LOVE YOU

It was quite the relief to me when I figured that out. Glad it solved your problem.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]