Anti-Vibration Mounts for Radiators

Hey guys! I was wondering if any of you have a soloution to mounting radiators on cases, I want to stop the vibrations with some sort of rubber mounts.

Hey guys! I was wondering if any of you have a soloution to mounting radiators on cases, I want to stop the vibrations with some sort of rubber mounts.

I don't see why a radiator itself should be vibrating, do you mean that the fans attached to the radiators are vibrating?

Sig under construction.

Have a similar issue with my build, best solution is to get slightly longer screws and put rubber rings/washers around the screws where the mount to the case. The threads are likely m3 threads. I'll link a performance pc link soon

http://www.performance-pcs.com/bitspower-anti-vibration-ridged-m3-m4-screw-washers-set-of-20-black.html

Edited by MajorVegas

put something rubber in between the case and radiator (and between radiator and fans) then screw it in tightly, rinse and repeat for everything else that can vibrate in your case, then put it on cork feet.

you're never gonna be able to stop vibrations fully, but you are able to eliminate the noise vibration can make.

I don't see why a radiator itself should be vibrating, do you mean that the fans attached to the radiators are vibrating?

Yeah the fans vibrate the raditor which vibrates the case.

I use rubber washers, they keep my H100i pretty quiet.

Which ones? I too have a H100i.

Have a similar issue with my build, best solution is to get slightly longer screws and put rubber rings/washers around the screws where the mount to the case. The threads are likely m3 threads. I'll link a performance pc link soon

http://www.performance-pcs.com/bitspower-anti-vibration-ridged-m3-m4-screw-washers-set-of-20-black.html

I have the H100i GTX, I presume these will fit that?

Yeah the fans vibrate the raditor which vibrates the case.

Which ones? I too have a H100i.

I picked them up at a hardware store, they're no name.

I'd personally stick cardboard there...

But rubber washers sound like a good safe bet.

Sig under construction.

I have the H100i GTX, I presume these will fit that?

They will fit any screw m3/m4 I use them for any case mounting hardware I do (not the mother board). The screws are likely to be m2/m3, won't matter too much if they're a bit bigger

You can get radiator gaskets that dampen vibrations. They are made for almost all radiator sizes and are relatively cheap; like less than $5. http://www.performance-pcs.com/xspc-240mm-radiator-gasket.html

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop