GeForce gtx 970 or 1070?

Kane2044

I am currently in the market for Gtx 970 but I wondered wether I should hold until nvidea releases its newest architecture. I was hoping someone could give me some pointers.

Thank you, Kane

if you need a card now, get it now (or one of them AMD ones, the R9 390, which perfoms slightly better).

If you can wait, get a pascal card.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

I am currently in the market for Gtx 970 but I wondered wether I should hold until nvidea releases its newest architecture. I was hoping someone could give me some pointers.

Thank you, Kane

Wait for the Pascal GPU's. If you can't wait the go for the Sapphire/MSI/XFX/Powercolor AMD R9 390.

Well i would wait for the AMD polaris to release then see. It is meant to have the same power as a GTX950 but using half the power

AMD FX-8350|8GB DDR3|GTX750TI|2TB HDD|CX-430 PSU|

Well i would wait for the AMD polaris to release then see. It is meant to have the same power as a GTX950 but using half the power

I wouldn't trust a word of what any chip manufacturer says about their chips though. They probably don't know the performance themselves, they're just trying to build hype.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

The thing is with GPUs is you're always waiting, if you need one now then just go for it.

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

I think I will wait for pascal I couldn't live without shadowplay

The thing is with GPUs is you're always waiting, if you need one now then just go for it.

You don't need to wait for an GPU. There are enough great GPU's now like the R9 390 for instance. It runs games on 1440p at 60+ FPS. But if you want to wait that's your own decision.

I would wait if I were you, It is expected that the pascal cards will be a lot more powerful than the current cards.

What do you have right now? Mid range Pascal and Polaris are not expected for a looooooooong time.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit