Be Quiet! Pure rock cpu cooler

8 gb Adata ddr3 1600 (oc 2133) ram

Zotac Gtx 960 2gb gpu

Sandisk 240gb ssd plus

Corsair tx650 Psu

Nzxt s340 white case

Nzxt grid+ v2 fan controller

Windows 10 64 bit os

This is my first post so I apologize in advanced for poor terminology or understanding. I haven't built a pic in over 11 years but that's like riding a bike so this has nothing to do with that.

My problem is from a fresh brand new install of Windows on this build I have not been able to get correct temp readings. I have used HWmonitor, HWinfo64, Aida 64, nzxt cam and all are reporting idle temps anywhere from 57-73degree celcius at idle. Now I know this is impossible as bios and my fingers can tell the cooler is not hot, or warm, bios reads 28c at idle load in bios. I have tried amd overdrive to get the correct thermal margins from the cpu. However upon loading AOD my pc reboots. I have loaded asus Ai suite 3 and it records a cpu temp of 26-31c at idle and max 53c stress test and gaming on fallout 4 ultra settings. I have also updated to the newest chipset drivers, latest bios, and newest Crimson/catalyst software; which also will not load and states there are no configurations to change when trying to load catalyst. Probably due to using an Nvidia gpu and disable on die gpu.

So to the problem, I either need to get overdrive to work on the a88x platform with my board to monitor temps or a way for Cam to understand the temperature readings so I can either manually set fan speeds and or have cam control them based on cpu temp. I would assume I have adequate cooling with case plus 4 fans and cpu cooler. Now I would have Ai suite 3 monitor temps which seems more realistic number but my motherboard only has 2 case fan headers one of which cannot control fan speed so one fan always runs full tilt also the two from case fans would have to be molex powered and run full tilt. I want quiet not helicopter loud.

I'm not the only one reporting this issue with asus a88x boards and I don't think there is enough info given to understand why this doesn't work. I know the Apu temperature problem is real but most people have AOD working.

Does anyone have some ideas or insight on this or a possible solution??

Thanks

Is it possible it is running at 57C, heatsinks work amazing and do not feel hot to the touch (i have touched my intel one at 70c, felt normal temp) as the temp sensors are in the chip. also from its an APU, so it may be getting hotter due to putting a large image out the display (where as bios is like 800x600, not 1080 or 1440p) also AMD chips are aweful at temps, my fx-8350 run super hot compared to intel.

It may be that it is running at 57c but it seems unlikely as even after general use and reboot into bios still reads under 35c where the temp monitors are reading well above around the 70c. I can't see it dissipating that much heat in 5 seconds to load into bios. The socket and board also don't read temps close to that. The HWinfo64 reads over 90c in fallout 4 but doesn't throttle the cpu back. I've also found other people reporting temps around 35c with stock cooler through Other temp monitors and Amd overdrive but these have been on other motherboard chipsets which leads me to think it's more of a calculation issue as Amd has changed how the cpu reads out thermals in the newer Kavari and Godavari cpu. The 7850 and 7870 are reporting this change. AMd has also told someone in another forum that Amd overdrive isn't supported on some boards the supply their own oc software. I do not want it for oc I want the temperature monitoring.

@ziogref what does your fx-8350 idle at and is it over clocked. I know my old Athlon x2 4600+ idled around 38 and that was with a stock heat sink in subpar cooled case filled with dust that was 11 years old. God rest it's sole.

Not overclocked (motherboard issues) but i have a custom water cooling loop, but i idle at 24c in a 18c room

Not overclocked (motherboard issues) but i have a custom water cooling loop, but i idle at 24c in a 18c room

Okay, that makes sense then I'm running about 10 degrees average above ambient temperature using Ai suite 3 which reads the sensor for cpu package and 8 degrees less for cpu socket but doesn't help me trying to set fan curves when 3rd party software won't read correctly. So do I rely on Ai suite and manually set fans to a constant rpm and deal with slight noise or is there a fix for this issue. Getting Cam or HWInfo64 reading proper temps. Just frustrates me spending $$$ to properly cool my pc under load and make as quiet as possible using fan controller and silent pressure optimized fans and airflow fans.

I have found success...Coretemp will record proper cpu temperature as well as the proper Tj.max. no i just need to find a way to have Nzxt Cam software pull temps from Coretemp dll files and i will be golden. Cpu stress test reads 40c as max after 10 minutes of max cpu load in BurnIn Test.