Second Cpu fan shorten first cpu life span?

a friend of mine told me that if the second cpu fan is as fast as the first cpu fan it will put strain on the first fan and shorten the life span.. is that tru?

err id say its pretty negligible 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Ehhh, no. Sounds like some myth.

Those fans don't even nearly have enough static pressure to influence eachother on that distance or with so much oppertunity to leak or pull air elsewhere. It's not a turbine or something.

a friend of mine told me that if the second cpu fan is as fast as the first cpu fan it will put strain on the first fan and shorten the life span.. is that tru?

If it is as fast it is unlikely to make a difference unless there is a very large delta between the pressure rating of the fans. Even then it is doubtful to have any real effect depending on the distance between the two.

Now, if one fan is faster than the other by a considerable amount (strapping a delta next to a low voltage NF-F12 for example) you're going to kill the fan on the receiving end.

If you're matching fans up in a push-pull configuration it is always best to match the fans, both with model and tuning profile.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

no

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Nope, thy should never have trouble with such tales, do not listen to such bards that work as fools!

It looks as if the peasants have risen up, and found swords!

But their sword's look a little short, if you know what I mean!

Good! The squires need training anyway!

The 120mm fan that is near my gpu, will it put strain on my gpu fan blades in any way?? 

K23gxYS.jpg?1

nhMwTQw.jpg?1

The 120mm fan that is near my gpu, will it put strain on my gpu fan blades in any way?? 

No, you're fine.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

thanks. i was worried whole day thinking my gpu fan blades will die

lol the distance between the two and the physical space would make it impossible to have any impact, you're doing more good than harm with that configuration (feeding the GPU air).

If you had some ridiculous fan (Delta's) slammed up directly against the card you could have some problems :lol:

lol the distance between the two and the physical space would make it impossible to have any impact, you're doing more good than harm with that configuration (feeding the GPU air).

If you had some ridiculous fan (Delta's) slammed up directly against the card you could have some problems :lol:

Thanks.. because when i added the 120mm fan near the gpu i actually got cooler gpu temps by 10-12c

Now, if one fan is faster than the other by a considerable amount (strapping a delta next to a low voltage NF-F12 for example) you're going to kill the fan on the receiving end.

Assuming the faster fan isn't literally a leaf blower, this better not kill the slower fan.

Assuming the faster fan isn't literally a leaf blower, this better not kill the slower fan.

Delta's are leafblowers

Warning to headphone users.

Delta's are leafblowers

https://youtu.be/9Dcj7tB4NCk

Warning to headphone users.

Haha yes that fan is nuts. It isn't a computer fan though, it's a 48 volt industrial ventilation fan so I think it doesn't really count towards this question. I've had much bigger fans than that, but engine test cell blowers don't fit in computer cases ;)

Delta computer fans are on par with other computer fans for CFM (though not always on par with volume). The only time you're going to kill a (reasonably built, $1 ebay fans need not apply) fan is by stacking it with something an order of magnitude bigger. Within the mismatch of various computer fans you'll be fine.