Cherry switches. Keyboard suggestions.

yannickverc

So my Razer keyboard is getting the known issues of typing some letters 2 times...

It's still under warranty so I can force a refund from the store I bought it from.

But the Question is, which one do I buy now? I've heard a lot of Ducky Shine and I like the keyboard etc. But What are the good keys? Red or Blue switches.. Idk

Other suggestions are welcome too :) Keep in mind that I'm in Belgium and not everything is available here :/

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

There are brands out there that make high quality cherry keyboards, like Cooler Master, Corsair, Ducky, Fenix, Logitech, etc. Whichever keyboard you want is up to your preference really (aesthetics, features...) Just don't buy overpriced Razer crap again just because they look nice.

Leave a like if you breathed oxygen today

Also, I have a CM Storm Ultimate (Cherry red switches) I really like its minimalism, only the keyboard itself, no extra buttons, features, scroll wheels wrist rests... If you like a keyboard with many features and cool lights and all that stuff try Corsair's Strafe or K70 or K95 etc.

I've got the Logitech G710 (not G710+) I absolutely love the blue switches on it. I've not heard the best of the G710 but after a month, I have no complaints. 

Also, I have a CM Storm Ultimate (Cherry red switches) I really like its minimalism, only the keyboard itself, no extra buttons, features, scroll wheels wrist rests... If you like a keyboard with many features and cool lights and all that stuff try Corsair's Strafe or K70 or K95 etc.

Yea I kinda wanna have a neat looking keyboard, very minimalistic. Almost without a numpad tbh

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

I've got the Logitech G710 (not G710+) I absolutely love the blue switches on it. I've not heard the best of the G710 but after a month, I have no complaints. 

It's really hard to say which mech keyboard is better than the other because all that matters are the orgasmic switches underneath *click*

Yea I kinda wanna have a neat looking keyboard, very minimalistic. Almost without a numpad tbh

Cooler master got a lot of those (ten-keyless, 60%...)

But the Question is, which one do I buy now? I've heard a lot of Ducky Shine and I like the keyboard etc. But What are the good keys? Red or Blue switches.. Idk

Ducky Shine 5 ftw. I like blues myself, but browns are also great. All cherry switch types are good, just have to find your preference.

Cooler master got a lot of those (ten-keyless, 60%...)

Keyboards like this just make me gasm

XeL1HEC.jpg?1

i own a Steelseries 6GV2 (https://steelseries.com/gaming-keyboards/6gv2)%C2'> i got it as a gift and don't have money for a new keyboard but it works fine for me

my 6GV2 has black switches in it, you can get it with red switches but i like more stiff linear switches

i have yet to find a keyboard i would buy instead of this one because i have had this for a long time now and just cant seem to find another keyboard that appeals to me

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison

Keyboards like this just make me gasm

XeL1HEC.jpg?1

i cant live without a num-pad i don't know how people do it

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison

i cant live without a num-pad i don't know how people do it

I have a keypad where I can put a profile on to basically work as a numpad. If I didn't have that I wouldn't get a keyboard without one either :D

I have a keypad where I can put a profile on to basically work as a numpad. If I didn't have that I wouldn't get a keyboard without one either :D

i see, very interesting solution i guess not having a num-pad and then using that solution would be great if you have very little space or are just a big fan of very minimalist desk setups

i see, very interesting solution i guess not having a num-pad and then using that solution would be great if you have very little space or are just a big fan of very minimalist desk setups

Yea I like things minimalistic

In this order CM Novatouch tkl, Corsair k65 rgb or non your choice and Cooler master quickfire rapid i or Si

Selling a MSI GTX 550ti in stockholm sweden or looking for free pc parts in Stockholm sweden

I was under the impression all Logitech 710+ keyboards have Cherry MX Brown switches - I could be wrong but please check and post a photo or comment confirming you have a Logitech 710+ with blue clicky switches

I7 8700K - 4.7 OC , Asrock Z370 Extreme4 MB, MSI GTX 970 ,  NZXT H440 , Corsair H110 , 16gig Balistix ram  , Razer Huntsman Elite - Razer Purple Opto-Mechanical Key Switches  -   , Logitech G502 , Samsung 850 Pro bootup drive, Antec Edge 750 modular PSU

I was under the impression all Logitech 710+ keyboards have Cherry MX Brown switches - I could be wrong but please check and post a photo or comment confirming you have a Logitech 710+ with blue clicky switches

The G710 has blue switches and the G710+ has brown switches.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Another vote for the Ducky Shine 5 if you don't mind having the 10-key pad. I picked one up with brown switches and am very happy with it. I especially like the fact that the lighting is all programmed on the board itself and no software is required to set profiles etc. When it comes to switches if you can get access to a switch tester or better yet, a shop that has many different boards you can try them out and see which you like better. I share my rig with my wife and I had her test both red and brown switches to see which she liked better. I prefer blues, love that clack but it's too loud for our living space so I went with the browns instead and have no regrets. 

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!