Overclockers UK

Lukep123

Hey,
I recently bought; https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus-z97-k-devils-canyon-core-i5-4690k-bundle-14-pounds-saving-bu-014-as.html

Once it came, after I had installed everything. Everytime I turned the PC on, the system began to instantly power off. After having tried multiple different PSUs, HDDs, SSDs, wires and everything else. My final conclusion was the mobo was the problem.

I contacted Overclockers for a replacement. They gave me an RMA saying it would be replaced. After I posted it, I asked would I be refunded on postage, they messaged me back with the following -

"it is your responsibility to return the item for RMA.Your Motherboard is no longer produced so the outcome is a partial refund but we will have see what happens. The refund will be £20.So, after they sent me a defected part, they won't replace it - after clearly stating it was out for a replacement, of which they have in stock. Now, they want me to give me £20 for a board I paid over £120 for.What should I reply to this? I don't think this is very fair or ethical trading at all.

That sucks!  :( I don't know what they are legally required to do in this situation but I wonder how Asus would have responded if you return it to them. Looking at it again the part about them saying it's no longer produced while is true they are still selling it for £89.99 (and have it in stock) on their website. Maybe you could point that out to them and see how they respond?

Written on my Lenovo Z500 T - I5-3230M   Or

My pc :)

let them send the defective board back to you so you could use the asus RMA service instead

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

Post on there facebook a very bad review. I did that and they sorted out my problem and gave me rainbow 6 siege and AC syndicate for free.

Overclockers have a reputation, not a great one. Getting it back and RMAing to Asus is your best bet, or go the press them on social media as suggested above.

SNIP

1) speak to a manager

2) ask to return the whole bundle

3) contact Asus for their warranty support and explain the situation

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I think they mean the will refund that for shipping.

Im fairly certain that is against EU law if it is for the actual board.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Hey,

I recently bought; https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus-z97-k-devils-canyon-core-i5-4690k-bundle-14-pounds-saving-bu-014-as.html

Once it came, after I had installed everything. Everytime I turned the PC on, the system began to instantly power off. After having tried multiple different PSUs, HDDs, SSDs, wires and everything else. My final conclusion was the mobo was the problem.

I contacted Overclockers for a replacement. They gave me an RMA saying it would be replaced. After I posted it, I asked would I be refunded on postage, they messaged me back with the following -

"it is your responsibility to return the item for RMA.Your Motherboard is no longer produced so the outcome is a partial refund but we will have see what happens. The refund will be £20.So, after they sent me a defected part, they won't replace it - after clearly stating it was out for a replacement, of which they have in stock. Now, they want me to give me £20 for a board I paid over £120 for.What should I reply to this? I don't think this is very fair or ethical trading at all.

You need to speak to them directly, I haven't dealt with RMA and overclockers.co.uk but I have dealt with Scan and I normally just go in and get a replacement there and then. If the item they sent was defective they have to replace it and give you the money back for the replacement.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Thanks everyone for the vast suggestions and tips. I really appreciate it.

You need to speak to them directly, I haven't dealt with RMA and overclockers.co.uk but I have dealt with Scan and I normally just go in and get a replacement there and then. If the item they sent was defective they have to replace it and give you the money back for the replacement.

I'll give them a phone tomorrow, they're currently closed now why I asked here about the response. It was 100% sent defective which is why I think it was unfair, I'm fairly confident they should of - which I thought they would of.

If it's less than 6 months old you're entitled to a full refund.

It's only a week old and was sent defective. Hopefully you're right, I'll investigate this further.

I think they mean the will refund that for shipping.

Im fairly certain that is against EU law if it is for the actual board.

Nope, that's for the board. The shipping was only £6.

1) speak to a manager

2) ask to return the whole bundle

3) contact Asus for their warranty support and explain the situation

I'll try and contact their management on the phone tomorrow and if no luck, try and contact Asus about the situation.

Overclockers have a reputation, not a great one. Getting it back and RMAing to Asus is your best bet, or go the press them on social media as suggested above.

Hopefully you're right, I'll keep that in mind as a last option and threat.

Post on there facebook a very bad review. I did that and they sorted out my problem and gave me rainbow 6 siege and AC syndicate for free.

That's really interesting. I'll keep that in mind and use it if all else fails.

let them send the defective board back to you so you could use the asus RMA service instead

If all else fails and they don't refund it or threating them with reviews doesn't work, I'll make sure I do.

That sucks!  :( I don't know what they are legally required to do in this situation but I wonder how Asus would have responded if you return it to them. Looking at it again the part about them saying it's no longer produced while is true they are still selling it for £89.99 (and have it in stock) on their website. Maybe you could point that out to them and see how they respond?

Exactly, I'm not completely sure on the actual legal requirements in these types of situations but it's unethical business tactics without a doubt. I said that too, they have the item in stock so I don't believe it no longer being manufactored should be an issue, seen as the product was defective on purchase and was only bought days ago. I'll make sure to include that aswell.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

In that case yea I think that goes against EU law

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Thanks everyone for the vast suggestions and tips. I really appreciate it.

I'll give them a phone tomorrow, they're currently closed now why I asked here about the response. It was 100% sent defective which is why I think it was unfair, I'm fairly confident they should of - which I thought they would of.

They're pretty down to earth and willing to help sort things out ASAP from what I hear, if you do have loads of issues with them then I'm personally going to stop using them, I'd rather pay the extra couple of £££ and get better service from SCAN.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Thought I would let everyone know;

I posted a few bad reviews and a management figure at OCUK gave me his phone number. I got a new board replaced with next day postage and everything seems fine and my postage was additonally refunded. They are looking into additionally compensation for a previous replacement which took 40 days (When it should of been under 28).

Thought I would let everyone know;

I posted a few bad reviews and a management figure at OCUK gave me his phone number. I got a new board replaced with next day postage and everything seems fine and my postage was additonally refunded. They are looking into additionally compensation for a previous replacement which took 40 days (When it should of been under 28).

Did you email them like I suggested before leaving bad reviews etc?

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Did you email them like I suggested before leaving bad reviews etc?

I had already emailed them countless times arguing my case. The management team member, who left his phone number on my bad review fixed the issue and apologised on behalf of the customer service team. I got an email off the customer service team with an apology claiming they were mixed up about which items were on the RMA when I don't see how they were but at least the issue was fixed.

I would suggest that you get back onto them since the motherboard that is included in that bundle is still in stock (the stock counter shows that they have 20+ in stock, and they even show 10+ for that bundle), and I don't know where you pulled the £120 price tag for the motherboard since they sell it for a penny short of £90 and that refund offer really does stink any which way you slice it.