How much dry ice to buy?

Giganizer300PRO

I'm organizing a huge party and we want dry ice to cover the floor with fog/smoke. There's around 20x30 to 30x40 m of ground to cover and also some more for a small podium and fall. I have no idea how fast dry ice goes, but we want it running for like 4h or something.

Can someone tell me approximately how much dry ice i need? And how much would that cost? Where can I buy it (if its not large amounts, I can order it to US and have friends/family bring it over)?

why dry ice? why not a fog machine?

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

Just make sure no one decides to fall on the floor and chill there and make sure you ventilate later. 

Dry ice is not all that harmless.

xQn0x9B.png

you leave that shit in a room for 4 hours you fuckers will all die.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I'm organizing a huge party and we want dry ice to cover the floor with fog/smoke. There's around 20x30 to 30x40 m of ground to cover and also some more for a small podium and fall. I have no idea how fast dry ice goes, but we want it running for like 4h or something.

Can someone tell me approximately how much dry ice i need? And how much would that cost? Where can I buy it (if its not large amounts, I can order it to US and have friends/family bring it over)?

no hes looking at 120lbs @ 240 for 3minutes. he want it to run for like 4h lol

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

a fog machine would most likely be cheaper.

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

Costs much more?

Only 1 party.

no really. + the fact that drunk ppl might get frost byte while laying in that stuff.. nah i would just pay 200 bucks on a fog machine, way cheaper, no insurance shit if something happens

Fire Strike Score

awesome idea mate, but not easy to execute and can be dangerous

to game or not to game, that`s the question

I was thinking that too but dry ice stays low to the ground because it's cold & OP needs that. Fog doesn't do that.

theres some liquid stuff that you can apply to the ground and the fog will stick to it, lasts a few hours. dont know the name tho

you can also cool down the fog machine tank in ice, fog will stick to the ground too. simple physics :P

and theres some stuff like fog chillers where you put the fog machine into

anyway, everything will be cheaper than to cover 20x30m to 30x40m for 4HOURS with dry ice, kek

Fire Strike Score

Im sure you can rent a fog machine cheaper than enough dry ice to last for a decent amount of time. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

theres some liquid stuff that you can apply to the ground and the fog will stick to it, lasts a few hours. dont know the name tho

you can also cool down the fog machine tank in ice, fog will stick to the ground too. simple physics :P

and theres some stuff like fog chillers where you put the fog machine into

anyway, everything will be cheaper than to cover 20x30m to 30x40m for 4HOURS with dry ice, kek

Sounds nice. Perhaps we can borrow one somewhere.

Either that or we go down to like 30min of dry ice or less.

Dry ice can burn your skin if you touch it without protection, and you want to make sure that the room has proper ventilation.  There are fog machines that produce low lying fog.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/684086-REG/American_DJ_MISTER_KOOL_Mister_Kool_Low_Lying_Fog.html

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

60 x 4 = 240, 240/2 = 120 lbs of dry ice minimum. You're looking at $240+

^which lasts for 3minutes, so its 240x20 for 1hour, x4 = youre at almost 20000,-  and 10000lbs of dry ice , nice xD

/edit oh well i think i did the math wrong, anyways, id stick to the fog machine :D

Fire Strike Score