Beast PC build for the company's owners son

omricn

Background:

I'm an IT manager at a private company which produces audio\video solutions world wide. the company's owners son asked me to build him a PC for private use, which of course will be fully payed by the company. he of course did not neglect to mention there are (almost) no financial boundaries, though he did cheap out a bit on some components for some reason (cpu cooler).

Components:

Processor: i7 6700K

Mobo: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7

Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4 3000 CL15

GPU: EVGA GTX980 Ti ACX 2.0 SC 6GB

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO Series 500GB

HDD: Western Digital Black 4TB

PSU:  Seasonic Gold X-750 Fully modular

CPU cooler: Corsair H60

Case: Fracal Design Define R5

BR player: LG WH16NS40

so, in short, pic time.

ZGNy7UJh.jpg

uKUBS4ih.jpg

LMuvNPDh.jpg

Fe618MAh.jpg

iiygp2yh.jpg

B2zXLyLh.jpg

d6GA2cCh.jpg

tvfZuHEh.jpg

After working to perfect this masterpiece for over 3 hours, the dude comes in, looks at the art piece I just constructed, says "nice. does it have office installed?".

Anyways.. I had fun building the thing.

Coolermaster HAF 912 advanced | i5 3570k @ 4.2ghz | MSI gtx 660ti pe oc | Gygabite z77x-d3h | 8GB g.skill ripjaws| Samsung 830 ssd  | Seasonic m12II 620w

Corsair M45 mouse | Corsair K65 Keyboard | LG 27EA33V 27' ips| 

•  

That is a sexy PC

The 2nd picture, the optical drive appears not to be screwed in

It might be screwed in at the back. It's not like all the screws are necessary. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Gpu closeup shot is awesome

i am not fan of white color gigabyte chosen tho it fits with build.

That is a sexy PC

The 2nd picture, the optical drive appears not to be screwed in

Screwed in with black screws on the upper part, look closely :)

Coolermaster HAF 912 advanced | i5 3570k @ 4.2ghz | MSI gtx 660ti pe oc | Gygabite z77x-d3h | 8GB g.skill ripjaws| Samsung 830 ssd  | Seasonic m12II 620w

•  

hmmm no back plate on GPU xD other then that looks very clean. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Gpu closeup shot is awesome

i am not fan of white color gigabyte chosen tho it fits with build.

Taken with a nexus 5 at low light conditions.. surprised at the outcome myself.. 

Also, I would have gone with another mobo color as well, but he clearly doesn't care, and the case doesn't even have a window, as he opted for the quietest case option.

•  

Taken with a nexus 5 at low light conditions.. surprised at the outcome myself.. 

Also, I would have gone with another mobo color as well, but he clearly doesn't care, and the case doesn't even have a window, as he opted for the quietest case option.

Oh yeah, nice camera work.

The system doesn't have much of a theme so it's nice that the motherboard brings aboard a bit of personality.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.