I need suggestions? FX 6300?

Joey_Plays

Hello, i am planning on making a low-end Gaming rig. I am willing to spend around 500-600$ i am mostly only wanting to play games such as CSGO, battlefield etc. Im just not sure what processor to go with (6300 or 8320/8250) Another problem i ran into is a gaming case i am looking for a case that looks fancy and which has a window for under $50. If anybody could set up a build for me or give me any suggestions that would be great!

Thanks
~Joey

Hello, i am planning on making a low-end Gaming rig. I am willing to spend around 500-600$ i am mostly only wanting to play games such as CSGO, battlefield etc. Im just not sure what processor to go with (6300 or 8320/8250) Another problem i ran into is a gaming case i am looking for a case that looks fancy and which has a window for under $50. If anybody could set up a build for me or give me any suggestions that would be great!

Thanks

~Joey

500-600 is with a monitor? keyboard? mouse? camera? headphones?

Also, you can get a good budget gaming for those usages at just around 350 + 100 for monitor. so 450usd. 

also is that CAD or USD?

Thanks

~Joey

Built a 6300 rig for my mate and he loves it, you could use a cheaper i3 so you can put more cash towards the GPU.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

I would not recommend any AMD CPUs for gamers.

atleast give reasons so he learns something. i dont think amd is a bad choice for budget builds also if you know what your are doing and check part compatibilites.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($174.89 @ OutletPC) 

Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($71.88 @ OutletPC) 

Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 380 4GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($169.99 @ Newegg) 

Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($64.99 @ Directron) 

Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($50.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Total: $612.71

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-17 20:53 EST-0500

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

CS:GO and some other games DO NOT LIKE AMD CPU's

CS:GO and some other games DO NOT LIKE AMD CPU's

Can you elaborate? Are you saying CS:GO and some other games will stop working on my FX 6300 when I get home after using it for a few months flawlessly without having to turn any graphical settings down?

-KuJoe

500-600 is with a monitor? keyboard? mouse? camera? headphones?

Also, you can get a good budget gaming for those usages at just around 350 + 100 for monitor. so 450usd. 

also is that CAD or USD?

I already have a monitor, mouse, os and keyboard. I have just recently been roaming around the internet and stumbled upon the 6300 and i was wondering if it is a good choice for gaming and for a budget. Im planning on spending a lot on the graphics card. 

atleast give reasons so he learns something. i dont think amd is a bad choice for budget builds also if you know what your are doing and check part compatibilites.

Trying to play Rocket League here!

blackshades on

Motherboard: ASRock B85M-ITX Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($72.89 @ OutletPC) 

Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 380 4GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($169.99 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($50.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Total: $602.80

Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-17 20:56 EST-0500

The i3 is an excellent CPU, I replaced my FX 6300 with the same one on this list and it doesn't even bottleneck an R9 290.

If you drop the SSD you can get a 4460 which is also a solid choice.

Motherboard: ASRock B85M-ITX Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($72.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $602.80
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-17 20:56 EST-0500

The i3 is an excellent CPU, I replaced my FX 6300 with the same one on this list and it doesn't even bottleneck an R9 290.

If you drop the SSD you can get a 4460 which is also a solid choice.

People have been mentioning that a dual core processor is not the 'best' for gaming. Especially for recent games?

Can you elaborate? Are you saying CS:GO and some other games will stop working on my FX 6300 when I get home after using it for a few months flawlessly without having to turn any graphical settings down?

Like CS:GO doesn't like AMD CPU's at all, it's not as optimized as it is with intel, especially with recording. On lowest settings 720p (I have an FX 8320 and a GTX 660 ti) I only get about 30-40fps while recording. My friend on the other hand has an i5 4460 and a gtx 750 ti and gets about 80fps while recording

Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($71.88 @ OutletPC) 

^^this one is really nice OP, it's worth it!

Swing for a good quad-core with a solid mid-range graphics card like that...it's perfect! Good PSU...etc...i would take it as is.

Might wanna consider a cheaper case if this is above your budget...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

@Joey_Plays I have a FX 6300 with an older Radeon 7970 and I love it. The only game I've had to adjust the visual settings on so far has been Metro: Last Light but all other games run at max settings @ 1920x1200 with 0 lag/stutter/slowness/issues including Fallout 4, I like having 6 cores for my VMs also which is why I went AMD over Intel. It's worth noting that I have my FX 6300 overclocked to 4.1GHz using the Corsair H80i GT (I don't know much about overclocking so I just hit the "Overclock" button in the MSI BIOS and it bumped me up to 4.1GHz and even with all the cores maxed to 100% it only hits 33 degrees so I'm happy).

-KuJoe

People have been mentioning that a dual core processor is not the 'best' for gaming. Especially for recent games?

It's hyperthreaded.

I have the 4170 and I have not run into any problems with this processor. I play a variety of games, GTA V, Far Cry 4, BF4, Battlefront, ARMA, CS:GO, etc. I would say it's the most stable part in my system to be honest. It is still quite powerful for what it is and doesn't bottleneck high end cards (like my R9 290) like the FX 6300 would do. The single thread performance is way, way better than the FX 6300 and I'm glad I sold mine for this processor.

I already have a monitor, mouse, os and keyboard. I have just recently been roaming around the internet and stumbled upon the 6300 and i was wondering if it is a good choice for gaming and for a budget. Im planning on spending a lot on the graphics card. 

CAD or USD 500-600? it changes everything.

simply said the 6300 and i3 4160 performs almost identical, with 6300 edging out in certain scenarios, but that socket is gonan be phased out yadda yadda. just know they perform almost the same.

I need more info before i can give u a solid recommendation. just gaming? no broadcasting? also, what other stuffs u like to do.

Like CS:GO doesn't like AMD CPU's at all, it's not as optimized as it is with intel, especially with recording. On lowest settings 720p (I have an FX 8320 and a GTX 660 ti) I only get about 30-40fps while recording. My friend on the other hand has an i5 4460 and a gtx 750 ti and gets about 80fps while recording

amd sucks at recording. no surprises there. 

OK so it's not the game itself having a problem, it's the recording that's the issue. Thanks for clarifying that for me. For what it's worth I record all of my games (not by choice, I just never turned off the Raptr app) and I've never had any issues running any games except Metro: Last Light as I mentioned above. I'll disabled Raptr and see if I can get the setting back to max on that one now.

-KuJoe

CAD or USD 500-600? it changes everything.

simply said the 6300 and i3 4160 performs almost identical, with 6300 edging out in certain scenarios, but that socket is gonan be phased out yadda yadda. just know they perform almost the same.

I need more info before i can give u a solid recommendation. just gaming? no broadcasting? also, what other stuffs u like to do.

USD

If amd dosent work with cs go then it dosen't work on any games seriously. thats just horrible. seems like they like to rate the clockspeed 3 times of what it really is for some reason.

USD

it really wont hurt to write more... or atleast answer the other questions. haha

pm me if u need serious help. otherwise may luck be with u.

If amd dosent work with cs go then it dosen't work on any games seriously. thats just horrible. seems like they like to rate the clockspeed 3 times of what it really is for some reason.

But it does work on CS:GO, I don't know why somebody would say it doesn't when I play CS:GO nearly every day on my FX 6300 without a single issue.

-KuJoe

I support the living sh*t out of this.

Moist

dude.. pls just.. dont say its bad cus u personally dont like it.. yeah is not as efficient or shiny or simple as the i3, it does have its uses. 

look at benchmarks first, it works even with a 980ti. Most amd cpus are crappy, but the 6300 and 8350 does have its uses. 6300 is a little bit more flexibvle though.

at 500-600 price range , just go for an i5.