Which Hyper X should I get?

oskarstankovic

I'm betewen the first Generation of Cloud and the Cloud II, I also was looking for the Cloud core, but it doesn't have accesories and doesn't have the volume control and mic mute, etc.

Which one should I get? I can get both with a difference of price about $15 american dollars, I just want the one with best audio quality, I don't mind too much about the digital 7.1, I don't play a lot of shooters. I want good audio quality in games, music and entertainment in general.

Also, which one has best microphone? Or both are the same?

Best regards, Oscar.

Intel i5 4440 @ 3.10Hz • GA-Z97X-SLI • GTX 970 G1 • x2 Hyper X 8GB 1866MHz • SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Hitachi 7200rpm 1TB • NZXT S340 Elite • Thermaltake 750W smart series • Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) • Logitech G502 | Razer deathadder 2013 (Died in battle) • Sennheiser HD58X • Audio-technica ATH-M50X • Hyper X Cloud 2 • Samsung 24'' CFG70 Curved Gaming Monitor •

the 2s have a bit more bass while the ones are more balanced

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

the 2s have a bit more bass while the ones are more balanced

So, if they are more balance it means that is better in general? Thank you!

Intel i5 4440 @ 3.10Hz • GA-Z97X-SLI • GTX 970 G1 • x2 Hyper X 8GB 1866MHz • SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Hitachi 7200rpm 1TB • NZXT S340 Elite • Thermaltake 750W smart series • Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) • Logitech G502 | Razer deathadder 2013 (Died in battle) • Sennheiser HD58X • Audio-technica ATH-M50X • Hyper X Cloud 2 • Samsung 24'' CFG70 Curved Gaming Monitor •

So, if they are more balance it means that is better in general? Thank you!

It really depends on how you like your sound

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Get the Cloud I and save the extra money, you have a pretty good onboard audio and you won't need the usb dac in the Cloud II.

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

Get the Cloud I and save the extra money, you have a pretty good onboard audio and you won't need the usb dac in the Cloud II.

And what about the mic? The price difference is exactly $10 do they worth for the Cloud II? I just want the best audio quality in general, I don't car too much about the 7.1

And when you are speaking of the onboard audio you mean my GA-Z97X-SLI motherboard? is that true that with a good audio gard the first generation sounds better?

I'm betewen the first Generation of Cloud and the Cloud II, I also was looking for the Cloud core, but it doesn't have accesories and doesn't have the volume control and mic mute, etc.

Which one should I get? I can get both with a difference of price about $15 american dollars, I just want the one with best audio quality, I don't mind too much about the digital 7.1, I don't play a lot of shooters. I want good audio quality in games, music and entertainment in general.

Also, which one has best microphone? Or both are the same?

Best regards, Oscar.

They both sound the same. The Cloud II have more features with the 7.1 dongle, but that is not needed. The Cloud II does have a better mic, but not by much.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

They both sound the same. The Cloud II have more features with the 7.1 dongle, but that is not needed. The Cloud II does have a better mic, but not by much.

Thank you for your answer!

I've heard that the 1st generation sounds better if you have a nice audio card, I just have the one integrated into my motherboard which is an GA-Z97X-SLI, is that true?

Another thing, Can I speak by the microphone while I just have the headset connected with the 3mm jack on my PC? With which connection you can have the best audio quality? With connection I mean plugin with the USB or directly with the 3mm jack.

Thank you for your answer!

I've heard that the 1st generation sounds better if you have a nice audio card, I just have the one integrated into my motherboard which is an GA-Z97X-SLI, is that true?

Another thing, Can I speak by the microphone while I just have the headset connected with the 3mm jack on my PC? With which connection you can have the best audio quality? With connection I mean plugin with the USB or directly with the 3mm jack.

They have the same drivers so they will sound the same. You can have it connected just by the 3.5mm jack, but you will need to use the included splitter to split the audio and the mic. The USB dongle is technically its own DAC, but it most likely won't have any better sound quality than your motherboard. 

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

They have the same drivers so they will sound the same. You can have it connected just by the 3.5mm jack, but you will need to use the included splitter to split the audio and the mic. The USB dongle is technically its own DAC, but it most likely won't have any better sound quality than your motherboard. 

And what about the Takstar HI2050? Is superior or the same has the Cloud II?

And what about the Takstar HI2050? Is superior or the same has the Cloud II?

Literally the open version of the Clouds without a mic since they are the open version of the Takstar Pro80s ( What the HyperX Clouds are made from). For competitive gaming they would be a better option since they have better soundstage and imaging. Unfortunately they have recently gone over a revision recently and are now more expensive.

If you can find some  Philips SHP9500s that would always be my best suggestion for a gaming headphone (and headset) as long as they stay under $100, which you can add a Vmoda BoomPro for a mic easily. 

Literally the open version of the Clouds without a mic since they are the open version of the Takstar Pro80s ( What the HyperX Clouds are made from). For competitive gaming they would be a better option since they have better soundstage and imaging. Unfortunately they have recently gone over a revision recently and are now more expensive.

If you can find some  Philips SHP9500s that would always be my best suggestion for a gaming headphone (and headset) as long as they stay under $100, which you can add a Vmoda BoomPro for a mic easily. 

Those are really nice too! I mean the Philips xD, I just ordered the Cloud II Gun metal, I hope don't get dissapointed, I don't think so.

Thank you for your help!

For 10 dollar? Go for the 2. Its exactly the same, and you get the usb card for free (i've heared, its better than most other USB-Soundcards from other usb headsets. Still not "super awesome" but hey, 10 bucks???!?!)

Where i live, the 1 costs 70€, and 2 is about 95-99.

Usually i would say, save the money and buy a real soundcard instead. But hey, 10 bucks....

I got the Clouds for Xmas. They give you what seems like a plethora of accessories. Comes with Leather ear cups(maybe fake leather) installed, and fabric ones in the box, Connections for Airpalne, a coverter for headphone mic jacks such as on your phone and extension cables for the 3.5 mm jacks. Ive been impressed. I haven't had them long and they seem very well broke in. They sound good to me. Oh and they come with a nice bag to put all the accessories in. I cant speak for longevity as I just got them. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.