home cloud isn't working properly?

my family likes watching movies and other shit but we hate fucking around putting a movie on a usb and taking out to the theatre pc pasting it onto that pc just to watch it together its such a hassle and we have to do the same with everything so i tried using that "sharing" thing in windows and ive got a single drive hotswap dock with a drive in it and im sharing that entire hard drive but i cant for the life of me find the bottle neck i have a 1gbs lan cable running to the modem and the modem is capable of 300mbs transfer speeds but im being limited to 11mbs and thats okay i guess its better than 6mbs from my modems usb cloud connection but i just cant understand why im not getting anything faster 

is there another cloud option that would be faster for me ? i dont want one of those ones where you have to log into a browser page because my mum inst tec savy enough to use that and this windows sharing one is sweet because you can map the shared drive and it shows up in "this pc" like the other drives do

any help would be very appreciated