New CPU 72 Degrees Celsius Idle? Intel Core i5-4590

Hey everyone!

I've JUST finished putting my PC together. I had upgrade my motherboard, CPU, and GPU.

Here are the names of them:
MOBO: H81m-K Asus :GA 1150

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590

GPU: XFX R9 390

After updating my hardware, I first boot into the BIOS. I noticed that my new CPU was running at 72 degrees on first boot in BIOS. I bought it new and the thermal paste was preapplied.

Any ideas?

Hey everyone!

I've JUST finished putting my PC together. I had upgrade my motherboard, CPU, and GPU.

After updating my hardware, I first boot into the BIOS. I noticed that my new CPU was running at 72 degrees on first boot in BIOS. I bought it new and the thermal paste was preapplied.

Any ideas?

Did you mount your cooler properly?

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

Is the cooler on all the way? Is the fan cable blocking the fan. Is the fan plugged in?

Hey everyone!

Any ideas?

What cooler does he even have?

my CPU also run quite hot when i'm in my UEFI though...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

On of the pins is slightly bent so it won't go thrpugh the MOBO hole..?

That is your problem. Remount the cooler

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

On of the pins is slightly bent so it won't go thrpugh the MOBO hole..?

That's your issue.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

How about an Imgur link: http://imgur.com/Zq9GCfF

Force it into the hole. It won't kill it.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

How about an Imgur link: http://imgur.com/Zq9GCfF

if you can't fix that ..you will need a new cooler

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

It's bent so much that pushing it through the hole will worsen it. Also, it seems as though the pin mechanism is stuck despite twisting in.

It's bent so much that pushing it through the hole will worsen it. Also, it seems as though the pin mechanism is stuck despite twisting in.

Buy a new cooler.

Problem is that I'm not made of money. Also, it seems as though it is stuck, like when it goes through the mobo hole and the pins wide to stay put, but stuck in that position? Understand what I'm saying?

Problem is that I'm not made of money. Also, it seems as though it is stuck, like when it goes through the mobo hole and the pins wide to stay put, but stuck in that position? Understand what I'm saying?

Push it together to push it through? 

You know how the pins go in an up and down motion to lock into place or unlock, it is stuck in the locked position...