NZXT Switch 810: Good or Bad for Custom Liquid Cooling?

Hey guys,

So, at some point in the (hopefully) near future I'm looking at doing my first true custom water cooling loop. However, I have yet to really decide on the case.

Now, I know Linus likes SilverStone stuff and doesn't necessarily like the plastic with the NZXT cases, but I really like the look/interior of NZXT cases (I have a NZXT Phantom with is pretty awesome!).

So my question is, has anyone here had experience building a system and doing water cooling in the NZXT Switch 810? Is it a good case/good for water cooling? I also may consider the Phantom 820, but I like the switch. When I do build the system, I'm probably going to be looking at doing a triple or quad radiator, and possibly more a secondary single or double rad.

Thoughts? Ideas? Comments?

Thanks!

-- Christophercolumbusdog

The 810 is one of the best cases for watercooling without modding! With modding, it has insane amounts of options.

I have a switch 810 and love it

I have a switch 810 but the triple rad slot at the top is VERY hard to use effectively. I had to to hang my rad inside my case to be able to mount a dual rad.

My hotswap never worked as well. >.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

The Switch 810 is excellent for water cooling, you are able to fit a 360+ 240mm and 120mm at the back if really needed.

Have a look through this thread and the buildlogs linked to see if you would like the case http://www.overclock.net/t/1209048/official-nzxt-switch-810-thread

Here is a good example

vdgNT.jpg

Wow, great! Thanks. Oh and just on a side note because the picture made me curious, what is the thing in the 5.25 in bay that has 3 tubes running to it?

I have a Switch 810. My case works very well. Fitting in a Black Ice GTX 360 in the top. It fits well, and is more than enough for my simple loop, with headroom to expand. Next place for expansion would be the removable hard drive cage at the bottom to fit another 240. It's solid, a really enjoyable case.

IT is an awesmome case for water cooling. Lots of options. Here is the link to my build guide using it...

http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/the-workbench/new-builds-build-logs/4173-new-nzxt-switch-810-water-cooled-setup

Also, you can now request a new top for it that has standard 15mm spacing for 140mm Rads - they should be showing up in stores shortly with this new top.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

The "thing" in the 5.25" is a bay resevoir. Another res option for system, rather then the normal cylinder type. Lot of bay res can also incorporate the pump, saving you space and making some of the connections easier.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

The Switch 810 is excellent for water cooling, you are able to fit a 360+ 240mm and 120mm at the back if really needed.

Have a look through this thread and the buildlogs linked to see if you would like the case http://www.overclock.net/t/1209048/official-nzxt-switch-810-thread

Here is a good example

vdgNT.jpg

If you replace the 360 rad with a 420, you wont need the 120 rad at the back. The 240 in the bottom can also be replaced with a 280, but it wont fit with a big PSU and you might need to mod the case in front to get it fit properly.

You can also fit a 280 in the front, and then do a single 140 rad in the bottom:) LOTS of possebilities here;)

I have the switch 810 and it's a great case for water cooling. As a matter of fact it's really hard to beat for the price this case is. Many different radiator options and you can easily fit in a second or 3rd radiator. Also if you really really want you can get a custom pedestal to house even more radiators.

http://triptcc.com/product/switch-810-pedestal/

i5 2500k, MSI Z77 Mpower, 4x4 GB Musking Enhanced Blackline. MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk(temporary), Samsung 830 128, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750w

Here is a good example

vdgNT.jpg

The third tube (the one on the right side) is for filling the watercooling loop ;)

Yep the Switch is an amazing case and with loads of WC options.

Switch 810 is perfect for custom WC at low cost