[Review] Acer B286HK ymjdpprz

to start this review this is my first 4k monitor , Acer B286HK ymjdpprz has a weird model . still writing the review if you see this

when i went the store to buy it they let me unplug the monitor since it was only running at 30hz and switch the cables from another screen that was running on DP so i could test it in the store along with a few others that at the time i was  looking at that i was choosing from  had 3 in mind but this was the cheapest the others were asus 500$ and 900$

my first impressions of it is that is well built and Acer has fixed all the issues  that people (complained about*.) the monitor comes very well packaged in a hard foam two layers . the  monitor is sandwiched in the center between them all  with the box being thick cardboard .

* you pay for what you get i found out ,  when i was looking at other reviews to get the monitor to work this well. they  to cheap out somewhere they did that on all the included cables  .

about the cables in detail

the display port cable is unusable it caused all these weird issues when i was checking to see if it even  worked the monitor  screen flicker, color shift  and a bunch of other silly things , also at 3 1/2 feet its not even usable . the usb B side for the internal hub is extremely tight to get the cable to connect and i think that's  a good thing , once i got a longer cable it work wonderful .also didnt touch the audio cable but its probably ok

as a side note i tried using a 3 foot A to B cable included this cable was  with a usb 3.0 extension and the hub was usable only for power. so it seems to be picky about the cable type . but a 10ft A to B cable worked fine. didn't test the hdmi or the DVI since they seemed to be the same quality . the power cord is 14awg so its a good gauge and is about 4-6feet long i didn't replace it  .

the settings on it need to be fiddle with since it looked ugly as anything first time it showed my desktop . its a TN panel just to get it out there but it seems to be a good quality one. i cant test the white page issue  at this time my gpu's make too much noise at 60% fan. for the usb hub i had used one awhile ago and it was crap this one so far it seems to  work well i had my keyboard connected into it along with my mouse and headset and it worked fine thru sleeps and shutdowns and a few restarts .

i do recommend this to  anyone who wants a cheap but good 4k monitor . if you dont mind spending 20$ on a DP cable and a usb 3.0 .i know LTT did a review on the ips version of this awhile ago .

i will take some photos soon  of any light bleed ect, along with update this review over time if anything goes wrong or right .

c6yUXxG.jpg

the photo ant very good atm its 1 am where i am so i needed some light to even take that photo its not as bad as it looks its only about 1/16-1/8in out from where the photo shows some bleeding

good

the usb hub works fine with good cable

stand is nice and sturdy

no ghosting or weirdness reported (with decent cable) 

mini DP, full DP, hdmi , dual link dvi 

4 +1 hub

no dead pixels on mine

the response time on it seems to match the spec's i really cant tell the difference from this to my 1 ms other monitor

-4 to 40ish tilt 

10in of height travel

swivels 

has VESA mount 100x100

picture on the monitor is stunning at 4k 60hz

the bad

most of the  cables that are included are trash either too short or just not good quality

you need alot of horse power to drive this thing in games at 4k

the speakers are not good 

my rig since my sig is so outdated now =(

x99 soc champion  5820k 4.3ghz

gtx 970 sli 1600mhz

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

Best model name ever. I bet the chief of marketing at Acer fell asleep when trying to decide the name with his e-mail open, and his cat finished writing the e-mail for him.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I have the Gsync version of this panel and the backlight bleed on these things are terrible. I can't wait till next generation 4K panels come out that will be much better. I also agree with you about the cables. I didn't use any of the ones they came with.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop