Which one is better?

teagansalter

Hey guys, 

So I helped out my friend with a build design, and he thinks it's garbage compared to his build, which he got off of a youtube video

So

This   http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mNn9bv

Vs

This   

Obviously one is more expensive, but he is being stubborn and I need you guys to help me! 

One is $300 more expensive than the other, and I am not sure if your friend is rolling in "fat stacks", but I could not cough up that money if I tried. The $930 system doesn't not have a storage drive to put an operating system on, so I'd say the $650 rig is better anyways.

Bad PSU in the YouTube build. No SSD in either. No storage in yours. Your build is much more powerful.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Well your friend must be someone who just follows what other people say. Your build seems a lot better than Mush's build. 

But yours costs $300 more than that build in the video so...

Ariana Grande's Leaked Nudes!!!111!11!

Spoiler

Ayyyyyy

Gaming Rig:     CPU:  i5-4690k  Cooler:  H80i  Mobo:  MSI z97 PC MATE  RAM:  16gb Fury White  Storage:  1TB WD + 120gb Fury SSD  GPU:  GTX 970  Case:  NZXT S340  PSU:  NEX 650W  Keyboard:  K65 RGB  Mouse:  Mionix Naos 7000  Headphones:  ATH-M50x  Monitor:  2x VN248h-P + 1x MG248q  Setup Photo:  (To come)

1. Obviously.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

No. 1 is definitely the best because of the R9 390, but No. 2 ain't bad considering the price. The only thing I'd change is the power supply.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Oh super sorry, i thought this didnt post. Please ignore this one!

Oh super sorry, i thought this didnt post. Please ignore this one!

how do you accidentally post something?

CPUIntel Core i7-4790K 4.8GHz Moherboard: MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition Memory: HyperX FURY White 24GB DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus GTX 970 Turbo

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750w SSD: Crucial MX200 250GB HDDWB Blue 1TB Monitor: (2x) BenQ GL2460HM 24-Inch Case: NZXT S340 White

Bad PSU in the YouTube build. No SSD in either. No storage in yours. Your build is much more powerful.

he already has storage lying around on his older pc

yeah i accidently posted this twice, just with different wording

Sometimes you get double posts when you click the "Post" button and nothing happens, then click it again and have it respond. Only to find that it actually responded both times.

Congratulations to ur m8, he played himself.

The first one is better.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Yours has a better gpu, PSU, and a more powerful CPU. However that $650 build is a good build too, minus the PSU. Either would be great for a gaming system. The 4460 will give great performance and do all he needs it to.

It's always a good day if you woke up breathing.

Sometimes you get double posts when you click the "Post" button and nothing happens, then click it again and have it respond. Only to find that it actually responded both times.

exactly what happened, hopefully the new forum layout doesnt do that

The first one is easily better because of the 390 and the overclocking capabilities of the 4690K. Those things will crank to 4.7 on a good day.

You could save 70ish dollars on your PC without sacrificing performance (though kiss color scheme goodbye) if you like the way the rig would looks go for it, either way yours is vastly better in terms of performance also the 390 is a great price to performance card so it would likely win on that front aswell

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

You could save 70ish dollars on your PC without sacrificing performance (though kiss color scheme goodbye) if you like the way the rig would looks go for it, either way yours is vastly better in terms of performance also the 390 is a great price to performance card so it would likely win on that front aswell

what would you suggest i change for that price drop?

what would you suggest i change for that price drop?

Moba, ram, and finally the graphics card, you can get a power cooler one for 300 even (plus a 20 dollar rebate but I wasn't counting that), I know 16GB of G.skill ram can be bought for 65 bucks, and lastly you can get a good moba from msi or gigabyte for 90-100 bucks though you board is a great one so idk whether to tell you to switch, also your moba just dropped by 10 bucks (if you rebate)

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/ here's the changes $883 before any rebates

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful