How long should I keep my iPhone for?

legend8887

I got an LG G3 but didn't like it so I upgraded to an iPhone 6S Plus. Needless to say it was an expensive upgrade because it wasn't close to time for me to get an upgrade. Since I love my iPhone, how long should I keep it before I upgrade? I can have it for 12 months and trade it in for free or keep it for 18 months and get a new phone and own the iPhone. What should I do? How long do you usually keep your phone for?

I never change my phone unless Its broken, my current phone Is a HTC One M7. And unless It breaks Im not paying any more cash :P

I still have my iPhone 5S, I'm waiting for the 7 when it drops, so I think a good time to upgrade is when about 2-3 years pass by, or your phone breaks

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

If I were using an iPhone I would have switched to a new phone yesterday.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

I got an LG G3 but didn't like it so I upgraded to an iPhone 6S Plus. Needless to say it was an expensive upgrade because it wasn't close to time for me to get an upgrade. Since I love my iPhone, how long should I keep it before I upgrade? I can have it for 12 months and trade it in for free or keep it for 18 months and get a new phone and own the iPhone. What should I do? How long do you usually keep your phone for?

Follow your posts! I shouldn't have to say this to someone who has 2,500 posts!

In my opinion, I don't upgrade my phone unless it breaks or becomes unusable in some way. The exception is at least 3 years if there's a new phone that looks really worth it and mine is getting obsolete, and doesn't get OS updates or whatever.

Now, I honestly don't see any major advancements between product generations besides a new physical design and a faster processor. Sure there might be a new feature like finger print scanning, and that can be useful (I use it myself on my S5), but others I don't have a need to use like 3D touch on my mom's 6S plus...

When I'm looking for a new phone upgrade, I want features that I'm really going to use! If the S7 really has Type-C, water resistance, and MicroSD coming back, that's going to be my new phone should something happen to mine.

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

I usually upgrade when there's a substantial amount of incentive to justify the upgrade.   My very first smartphone was the 1st gen iphone,  my second upgrade was the iphone 4s  and it became so sluggish with FW 8.4 to the point that I couldn't use it anymore.   I tried to venture into the android world and loathed it.   I love my current unlocked Iphone 128gb 6s plus.  Blazing fast,  I will keep it until Apple switches their ips display to AMOLED like Samsung.

You should keep until you're able to get a new phone

I usually go 3 years

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)