Nvidia or AMD?

Kyle2278

I know this is a big question as both have things better for different reasons and most people are very one side or the other but without much arguing please for a $1500-$2500 budget what would the best GPU be to get a nividia gtx 770 or an AMD card? I don't know AMD cards as i have never really looked into them so dont know the equivalent one to a 770

Thanks

Moved post to here:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/52699-upgrading-existing-computer-advice/

It really depends on your budget? What's your budget for just the GPU? 1500-2500$ is a vary vague budget for a system, especially when we know nothing about it's usage etc.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

It really depends on your budget? What's your budget for just the GPU? 1500-2500$ is a vary vague budget for a system, especially when we know nothing about it's usage etc.

Mainly for gaming but some video and photo editing. probably $600-$800 for the GPU and i know its a very vague budget it depends on it i want to spend money on it or get it for a present

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Mainly for gaming but some video and photo editing. probably $600-$800 for the GPU and i know its a very vague budget it depends on it i want to spend money on it or get it for a present

Don't allocate separate funds for each part. It's unwise.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Then go for a 780 or wait for the 9000 series from AMD.

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Radeon 7990 not equivalent to 770 though but should be able to fit into the budget

so 7990 is better? or worse?

Don't allocate separate funds for each part. It's unwise.

I thought he already had the rest of his parts picked out and he's just looking for a GPU. If he isn't he should just tell use a more precise budget and usage and we can put together a whole system for him.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

This one or the other owl are the best

This is getting out of hand...

I thought he already had the rest of his parts picked out and he's just looking for a GPU. If he isn't he should just tell use a more precise budget and usage and we can put together a whole system for him.

He's still planning his build and made separate topics for his parts.

so 7990 is better? or worse?

Defenitly better, it is 2 7970 cores (which is AMDs top card ATM and competes with the 770) crammed into one card

Defenitly better, it is 2 7970 cores (which is AMDs top card ATM and competes with the 770) crammed into one card

Alright thanks

Thanks it is for gaming and some photo editing, and im from Australia. Ill be running a single monitor for now but may use 2 or 3 in the future is that enough

Just make a new topic in the New Builds and Planning section with providing the info from the link.

It'll make things neater. Make sure to give as much info as you think we need.

Just make a new topic in the New Builds and Planning section with providing the info from the link.

It'll make things neater. Make sure to give as much info as you think we need.

will do now thanks

How can i close these 2?

will do now thanks

How can i close these 2?

You need a moderator for that or you could just leave it. 

You could also just edit your posts and add a link to your new topic.

It's all preference in my opinion.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Nvidia best

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Nvidia best

No, that's just a foolish, close minded thing to say, especially since you aren't backing your statement up with anything. Each have their advantages at different price points with different usages.