Pentium G3250 Bottleneck

Go to solution Solved by APasz,

I will be playing games like No Man's Sky (if possible, once it comes out), American Truck simulator, From the Depths, Cities Skylines, etc.

They can work but all will benefit from a quad-core. No man's sky we have basically no info on what performance is going to be like. ATS is running the same engine as ETS so performance is going to be similar. I don't have any experice or knowledge on FtD and CSL is probably where you will have the most trouble as it's quite cpu heavy.

Before I ask the question I would like to first apologize because i really didn't know which thread to put it in (GPUs or CPUs) and also this is my first post on LTT, so don't be afraid to tell me if something isn't how it should be.

I would like to know if the Pentium G3250 will bottleneck the R9 380x, and/or if i should upgrade my CPU 1st.

Any CPU intensive games such as simulators will be bottle necked. There are other issues with having a dual-core only CPU as well, FC4 won't even start unless you have at least a quad-core, Battlefield and CoD(to a lesser extent) will also be bottle necked.

It's a trade off in the end when getting the g3250. It can work but it really depends on the games you want to play.

-アパゾ

what games will you be playing?

bottlenecking is not a "yes/no" answer, rather it is different for every game.

I will be playing games like No Man's Sky (if possible, once it comes out), American Truck simulator, Kerbal Space Program, From the Depths, Cities Skylines, etc.

I will be playing games like No Man's Sky (if possible, once it comes out), American Truck simulator, From the Depths, Cities Skylines, etc.

They can work but all will benefit from a quad-core. No man's sky we have basically no info on what performance is going to be like. ATS is running the same engine as ETS so performance is going to be similar. I don't have any experice or knowledge on FtD and CSL is probably where you will have the most trouble as it's quite cpu heavy.

-アパゾ

Thanks!