Steam Support Reply time

I got my steam account hacked on the 20th of august and i went on steam support all panicking and stuff, and made a ticket and included ALL of the information they needed to prove i am the owner of the account. they still haven't got back to me, has anyone in the past had this problem? if so, how long did it take them to reply to you?

I really do despise steam support. it is the worst support ive ever encountered.

thanks in advance for replies

My account to got hacked. I gave all my information. CD Keys, everything. Got my account back in 20 min. By email! Best support ever!

It depends a lot on what it is and what time it is. I contacted them during the steam summer sale and they answered me 2 weeks later :/ I can't really say anything than it'll take time, you just have to be patient^^

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

they really should add phone verification for any major account changes. I was resistant to that with a few other accounts but it happened...someone actually got into one of my online accounts and got it back via a text message code verification pretty much instantly. 

good luck getting it back, I feel for you. 

From my past experiences with them the average response time is 5-10 days.

I really do despise steam support. it is the worst support ive ever encountered.

There are companies who have far worse customer service than steam *cough* Jagex *cough*

im just curious how your account was hacked ? i mean how they broke your steam account when they need steam guard password from email or you turn off steam guard,and you need to wait at least one week for answer from Steam support.

I find steam support the worst.

Case: Corsair white 600T | Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | CPU: intel i5-357OK oc to 4.3 | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | Graphics Card: Evga 660 Ti FTW signature 2 | Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GBPower supply: ModXstream-pro 600W | SSD: Samsung 840 Series | Keyboard: Corsair K70Mouse: Corsair M65 | MonitorAsus VS228H-P 22-inch | 2nd Monitor:  Viewsonic 22 inch-LED 3rd Monitor: LG 32 inch tv | Mic: audio-technica AT2020 USB | Headset 1:  Audio technica ATH-M50s | Headset 2: Corsair Vengeance 2000.

Steam is really shoddy with their support, some people get it instantly other get it 15 days later (for example me), I really hope they find out a better way than what they are doing right now, it seems that the only way to get steam support is to get really lucky...

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

Not having phone support these days is beyond idiotic.  I recently dealt with Steam and yes I got my account back but it was frustrating not being able to speak over the phone with a real human being ever.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Not having phone support these days is beyond idiotic.  I recently dealt with Steam and yes I got my account back but it was frustrating not being able to speak over the phone with a real human being ever.

Or only phone support *cough* apple *cough* I got locked from my itunes account because apple said my security was outdated and they told me to call them to update it (I have an old itunes account that I just updated so I had no security questions...)

Any company that does not have all of these tend to be horrid to use:

Phone (with real people)

Email

Ticket

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

I contacted steam about one of my games not working properly, problems with connections etc, haven't got a reply till now. Its been 2 months. 

i just got my account back today, it took them long enough, lost all my trading cards and stuff aswell, tf2 items, dota 2 items, and they havent said anything about getting me them back. but 14 days to get your account back, is a piss take.

My account to got hacked. I gave all my information. CD Keys, everything. Got my account back in 20 min. By email! Best support ever!

you are one lucky bastard then because it took them 14 days to get back to me.

It depends a lot on what it is and what time it is. I contacted them during the steam summer sale and they answered me 2 weeks later :/ I can't really say anything than it'll take time, you just have to be patient^^

and im suppose to not play games for 14 days? are you out of your mind this is unacceptable xD, joking but in the end, i got it back so im happy

From my past experiences with them the average response time is 5-10 days.

There are companies who have far worse customer service than steam *cough* Jagex *cough*

i dont use any of them :/ but you gotta understand, they are MASSIVE, and for them not to have a better support is ridiculous.

im just curious how your account was hacked ? i mean how they broke your steam account when they need steam guard password from email or you turn off steam guard,and you need to wait at least one week for answer from Steam support.

he had disabled steam guard some how, then he deleted the account email so i couldnt get any verification links or codes, and then he traded all my items into several accounts so he has a chain so it would be harder for steam to track him. i believe he used a fishing site to get to my account.

I contacted steam about one of my games not working properly, problems with connections etc, haven't got a reply till now. Its been 2 months. 

there are tiers for steam support tickets, queries about hacked accounts get piorities but steam support means if you need help, they should help you and 2 months is absolutely fucking insane, it really does get to me, how can a company that big, have such shitty support, i know steam is huge and they have a lot of customers to deal with, but they also have a lot of money, and a lot of other people that would be willing to partner up with steam, so why not get a third party to do that work for u?

he had disabled steam guard some how, then he deleted the account email so i couldnt get any verification links or codes, and then he traded all my items into several accounts so he has a chain so it would be harder for steam to track him. i believe he used a fishing site to get to my account.

im glad to hear that you get back your acc mate :) disable your steam guard that's new (i hear first time),you mean fishing site like steam gift but fake one who required your username and pw ? watch out for keylogers and link who promise free games don't click on that sh*t especionaly from some unknown dude and put your steam profile to private or only visible for friends,its shity feeling so i guess from what you go through,if i can find those bastard who hack profiles i will kill shit inside him.

im glad to hear that you get back your acc mate :) disable your steam guard that's new (i hear first time),you mean fishing site like steam gift but fake one who required your username and pw ? watch out for keylogers and link who promise free games don't click on that sh*t especionaly from some unknown dude and put your steam profile to private or only visible for friends,its shity feeling so i guess from what you go through,if i can find those bastard who hack profiles i will kill shit inside him.

ive definitely learnt my lesson, and everything is on private now, and yeah it was a steam gift thing, just watch out for those cunts, i should say aswell, the guy was russain, so another reason to hate russains.