Markiplier Hacking, opinions?

TheGhzGuy

So with the recent hacking of Markiplier's Youtube account, I'm just curious, what are your thoughts on it?

What are your opinions on hackers? Are you a hacker yourself? (I've hacked for my school, testing servers and all. It was a lot of fun!) What are some of your ideas regarding hacking and security?

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

It's a stupid and overused term that should really die out.

Ethical hacking = OK. It's better that someone does it ethically and without malicious intent first than have some dickhead use the same exploit and wreak havoc.

Normal = Bellend twats destroying businesses and affecting lives for no reason other than self gain.

Just a gif of me hacking the NSA: 

BewitchedOpenFallowdeer-size_restricted.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Ok, I was talking more about the act less about the word, but oh well :) 

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

While I get what you mean, it's not really an overused term because "hacking" at its basic level really means just taking something and modifying it to augment its functionality or add new functionality that was not originally intended. Now, in terms of actual computer hacking, yes it is overused. Like all the kiddies that say DDOSing is hacking. It is not hacking, it's just overloading a system, so ya I agree with you. I think it really depends on what is being discussed.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Could be just me, but I find the term extremely annoying and used by 12 year olds on the internet.

"OH SHIT I GOT HACKED ON FACEBOOK!!!!xDDD!!111!"
You mean you left your Facebook on your PC and your friend got onto it?

"OMFG, I'm GOING TO HACK THIS GAME!!11!!xDDD"

You mean, you went onto youtube and put hack after the game's name and downloaded the first thing.

"HOLY CRAP!!! THAT GUY IS A HACKER!!!XddDDD11!!"

You mean, you saw a guy open up a terminal and typing in a command at a local coffee chain.

"FUCK ME! THIS FUCKER IS A HACKER!!!"

You mean, you lost against him in a fps game and your a super salty?

Just a few examples.

It's not hacking it's social engineering. Not exactly the most difficult thing to pull off especially on a public target

I think people should put their skills towards good. I think Tesla offers massive rewards for anyone who can hack their software and show them how it was done

Except these people have probably never looked at a line of code or a terminal in their life and don't know a thing about actual hacking

Could be just me, but I find the term extremely annoying and used by 12 year olds on the internet.

"OH SHIT I GOT HACKED ON FACEBOOK!!!!xDDD!!111!"

You mean you left your Facebook on your PC and your friend got onto it?

"OMFG, I'm GOING TO HACK THIS GAME!!11!!xDDD"

You mean, you went onto youtube and put hack after the game's name and downloaded the first thing.

"HOLY CRAP!!! THAT GUY IS A HACKER!!!XddDDD11!!"

You mean, you saw a guy open up a terminal and typing in a command at a local coffee chain.

"FUCK ME! THIS FUCKER IS A HACKER!!!"

You mean, you lost against him in a fps game and your a super salty?

Just a few examples.

They're young, what did you do when you were that age, you copied. Pretty much everyone does that, but I get the point. 

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Except these people have probably never looked at a line of code or a terminal in their life and don't know a thing about actual hacking

Very true 

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

It was a good song 3:

I am so confused xD

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

The song they played on the hacked video. It was oddly really good xD

Oh ok, xD

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

While I get what you mean, it's not really an overused term because "hacking" at its basic level really means just taking something and modifying it to augment its functionality or add new functionality that was not originally intended. Now, in terms of actual computer hacking, yes it is overused. Like all the kiddies that say DDOSing is hacking. It is not hacking, it's just overloading a system, so ya I agree with you. I think it really depends on what is being discussed.

AFAIK, your are correct, doing something differently to produce a different or same result, and then using that to your own advantage.

DDOS can be considered a "hack" as you finding a way to produce a different result. DDOS is tossed around like a STD and so is the term "IP", you post your IP on a speedtest on this forum and everyone is on yo ass.

I'm sorry, this is 2016.

You can semi-trust Microsoft and their crappy firewalls. IF there was a real hacker, why would he hack you?

This is not a kids game, hacking takes day, month, perhaps even years to complete.

Some dude is not going on a forum full of tech nerds and hack them just for fun.

Wait, what happened!?  So is all of Google not secure, or did he just not use two-step verification or something else equally stupid?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

AFAIK, your are correct, doing something differently to produce a different or same result, and then using that to your own advantage.

DDOS can be considered a "hack" as you finding a way to produce a different result. DDOS is tossed around like a STD and so is the term "IP", you post your IP on a speedtest on this forum and everyone is on yo ass.

I'm sorry, this is 2015.

You can semi-trust Microsoft and their crappy firewalls. IF there was a real hacker, why would he hack you?

This is not a kids game, hacking takes day, month, perhaps even years to complete.

Some dude is not going on a forum full of tech nerds and hack them just for fun.

2016*

Moist

2016*

dame, first time this year :P

Wait, what happened!?  So is all of Google not secure, or did he just not use two-step verification or something else equally stupid?

I don't know. We know he got hacked. I'm sorry, technologically broken into/ his youtube account was comprimised

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

"hackers"... a better word would be "script kiddies"

"hackers"... a better word would be "script kiddies"

Basically people who don't use their own code to get into an account, correct?

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Basically people who don't use their own code to get into an account, correct?

yes.