Slow transfer rates from my home server.

I have a WD MyCloud server at my house, which has an Internet connection of 50/5 Mbps. The WD is connected directly to my router via Ethernet.

Uploading a file from my home server is really fast. Downloading a file from my workplace (right down the street) is really fast (like 300 Mbps). However, when downloading a file from the WD through wd2go, it is extremely slow to download (like Kb/s and sometimes stalling at 0).

I am by no means experienced in networking, but what is going on? The WD is more than capable of transferring files at much higher speeds with it's dual cores.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 1600 MHz Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Case: NZXT H440 White 

I have a WD MyCloud server at my house, which has an Internet connection of 50/5 Mbps. The WD is connected directly to my router via Ethernet.

Uploading a file from my home server is really fast. Downloading a file from my workplace (right down the street) is really fast (like 300 Mbps). However, when downloading a file from the WD through wd2go, it is extremely slow to download (like Kb/s and sometimes stalling at 0).

I am by no means experienced in networking, but what is going on? The WD is more than capable of transferring files at much higher speeds with it's dual cores.

You are being bottlenecked by your home network. When downloading a file externally, you will be limited to 5mbps, when uploading a file, you will be limited to 59mbps. Also, the mycloud is not meant for very high speeds. The dual core cpus in most lower end nas devices are not very powerful.

My native language is C++

You are being bottlenecked by your home network. When downloading a file externally, you will be limited to 5mbps, when uploading a file, you will be limited to 59mbps. Also, the mycloud is not meant for very high speeds. The dual core cpus in most lower end nas devices are not very powerful.

surely it should be doing better than a few kilobytes per second, if at all.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 1600 MHz Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Case: NZXT H440 White