Adobe Flash Player Not Working With Chrome 64 Bit

AsrielDreemurr

Pretty much the title. 32 bit kept giving me issues with lag and plugins stopping etc. so I upgraded to the 64 bit. Now, The flash player doesn't work. I'm pretty sure I installed Flash player 64 bit and it says couldn't load plugin for some reason.

post-246373-0-40225000-1452600801_thumb.

If you play Geometry Dash, would you take the time to rate this demon? 14986973 ;3;

Didn't they stop supporting flash? :S

Pretty sure they didn't. Still works in Edge and Chrome 32

If you play Geometry Dash, would you take the time to rate this demon? 14986973 ;3;

Edit: Ads also fail to display for me

Chrome should have flash build in.

Go to chrome://plugins/ and check if it's enabled. If you have two flashes enabled, try enabling only the one that's pepflashplayer.dll.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Why would you still use chrome? Worst browser so far.

I'm interested to hear how you arrived at this stupendous conclusion

I'm interested to hear how you arrived at this stupendous conclusion

Same. That title is held by IE. Chrome's still #1.

Yeah it's number 1 by usage, because people use it from long time ago when it was still great browser. And what is Chrome now:

1. It collects all data about you and it knows everything about you just like google.

2. It works slow and eats a LOT of ram and cpu

3. It`s bloated with useless shit and that's the problem why it's so slow. (Just like windows 10 lololo)

And more other things...

I guess mr. stupendous will be still using it, but I recommend switching to ie/opera/mozila/vivaldi/safari/other and save some time waiting pages to load.

1. Not only does it collect data, but there is actually a unique number for every installer. This data is mostly diagnostics, and the installer number is to check how many active users they have (yes I've actually read the ToS/A).

2. It is actually the fastest browser, has been for a long time. It does eat Ram like the cookie monster eats cookies, unfortunately it is not the only browser that eats RAM. You have to appreciate that Chrome works a little differently from other browsers, it actually has one process for each tab, some people can handle this, others can't. It is up to each individual to choose the browser that works best for them.

3. I'm interested to hear what this bloat is?

I'd like to hear these "other things".

I'm what you could call a "power user", I mainly use Firefox, but I use Opera sometimes when I get trouble rendering pages with Firefox. Unfortunately for me Firefox is going to stop supporting ad-ons which was the main reason why I have been a long time supporter of Firefox even though it's one of the slowest browsers, and is also the second biggest eater of RAM. Opera is basically a bad Chrome clone at this point so I might as well swap it out with the good one, because I have the RAM for it. I guess since you worry so much about the RAM usage you would be a supporter of IE11. Funny that you would mention Vivaldi since you think Chrome is bloated, vivaldi will attempt to bring back the old Opera I remember from when they came out with a built in, download manager, torrent client, email client etc.

Thanks for the compliment, I think I'm pretty stupendous as well :)

Yeah it's number 1 by usage, because people use it from long time ago when it was still great browser. And what is Chrome now:

1. It collects all data about you and it knows everything about you just like google.

2. It works slow and eats a LOT of ram and cpu

3. It`s bloated with useless shit and that's the problem why it's so slow. (Just like windows 10 lololo)

And more other things...

I guess mr. stupendous will be still using it, but I recommend switching to ie/opera/mozila/vivaldi/safari/other and save some time waiting pages to load.

Guys, the argument should have stopped when he recommended using IE. Just saying...

Also, in effort to not fully hijack the thread, check what extensions you have installed and see if something is disabling Flash for you, alternatively reinstall it and carefully select what extensions you use.

"Rampage IV" - Gaming PC

Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced    EVGA GeForce GTX 980                            ASUS VE278H 27in LED Monitor x 3

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition         G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz     Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W

i7 4930k - Overclocked @ 4.5GHz     Samsung 850 SSD 250GB x2 RAID 0           Western Digital Blue 1TB

Logitech G930 Wireless Headset      Razer Naga 2012 MMO Gaming Mouse      Logitech G710+ Mechanical Keyboard

"EMCMS-ESXI" - Server

HPZ800 Workstation Chassis           Seagate 4TB NAS Drive x 4 RAID Z           48GB ECC Elpida DDR3 SDRAM

Xeon E5620 @ 2.66GHz x 2             PNY CS2211 240GB SSD                          HP 80 PLUS Silver APFC PSU - 1110W

LSI 9211-8i SAS in IT Mode

Edit: Ads also fail to display for me

I had the same problem.

I just killed the "20.0.0.267" folder in the below path:

c:\users\XXX\AppData\local\google\chrome\User Data\pepperflash\

Then opened Chrome - and chrome://components and went down and clicked update for pepper_flash. Chrome still thought it had it in the system. I gave it a few minutes and then it finally pulled down the folder automatically from the chrome update and Flash now works!

Hope it helps.