looking for single player game suggestions

drewtcjones

I haven't really played much more on my PC other than rocketleague, Borderlands, BF4 an a couple of others here and there like Don't Starve. 

Anyone have suggestions to games like Borderlands/FarCry? or any good singleplayer game for that matter?

i5-4670k, Asus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro Series Red 8GB (2x4GB) @1866 MHZ, EVGA GEFORCE 780 FTW w/ACX Cooler, Fractal Define R4 Windowed (Black-Pearl), Samsung Evo 250GB, WD 1tb Blue, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650, Acer H236HL 23" x2, Corsair H100i, 2x Noctua NF-S12A, 2x Noctua NF-A14, Steelseries Apex, Logitech G602

If you like single player fps have a look at Wolfenstein. 

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

saints row2-4 and gat out of hell.

Its a Championship not a Belt!

Bioshock series 1 2 and infinite

Bastion

Fallout 3 and NV

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

Portal.

Bioshock.

Life is Strange.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

Dead Space I & II. One of the best adventures I've yet experienced, once you get past the awkward controls.

TUF GT501 | Ryzen 5600X | 32GB RAM | 480GB SSD | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | TUF X570 Pro

Any of the Elder Scrolls games. Buy Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, and you're set. 

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

Bioshock series 1 2 and infinite

Bastion

Fallout 3 and NV

This if you want to have your mind blown at the ending of the storyline

Beautiful piece of art, nevertheless

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

:Look at which games on Steam support the Workshop. Skyrim is probobly the best example. Take advantage of mods. Best of luck man.

Fallout 3

Fallout 4

Skyrim

Bioshock 1-2, Infinite

Arma 2-3

Dying Light

Mass Effect 1-3

These all have some good singleplayer.

I liked the GTA V story mode.

Bioshock infinite and Life is Strange are very good too.

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

This thread's already listed a lot of very solid options, especially geared towards what you may seem to like. The Witcher games are pretty good as well, and though I haven't played 3, I hear a lot of good about it from friends I would say have good taste in games.

Be warned... Any bethesda game is really addictive, but you have to play them with the right mind set, is not about the gameplay or graphics (wich are really good btw) is about the setting, inmersion, story, ambience... is not a game where you are supposed to kill everything on sight, is about to feel part of the world you are living in.

Classic BioWare infinity engine cRPGs:

Baldur's Gate & the expansion, Tales of the Sword Coast

Baldur's Gate 2 & the expansion, Throne of Bhaal

Icewind Dale

Planescape: Torment