Help installing OS on Dell PowerEdge 2850

joshmcd

I recently bought a Dell PE 2850 that was used by a small company. It was running CentOS but I deleted the raid and formatted the HDDs. I have a raid but I can't install the OS. I've tried using bootable Usbs. But nothing worked. I've tried windows server 2012, 2012 r2, 7, 8 and server 2008 r2. 

I tried installing 7 from a disc.

Its bios version A02,

Thanks

I have an i5 and many other things

What do you mean nothing worked? Can you boot into the BIOS?

Yes, My only problem is installing the OS

do you need the driver? It will be a Dell Perc-5i IIRC

Yup the OP will need RAID drivers. Possibly loaded from a floppy drive if it cant support USB.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Yup the OP will need RAID drivers. Possibly loaded from a floppy drive if it cant support USB.

Unlikely if he has already built the raid, I have 7 Dell server at home and non need the drivers to install an os, only to update the raid cards ability etc.

\

I tried this, Does it have to be done from floppy?

USB should work find. When your server boots does it shows the Dell logo for the bios splash?

\

USB should work find. When your server boots does it shows the Dell logo for the bios splash?

Yeah, I can get into the BIOS.

Yeah, I can get into the BIOS.

That's fine but is it showing the dell logo since some servers have custom OEM installed bios made for the company.

\

Unlikely if he has already built the raid, I have 7 Dell server at home and non need the drivers to install an os, only to update the raid cards ability etc.

Just because you have 7 servers doesn't mean this isn't his problem. The 200+ Ive worked on alot was this.