Is it wrong of me to want this simply as a decorative piece on my tech wall?

Rorgash

I mean it just looks amazing and having that gpu and lights running simple to look at it... its nearly worth what it might cost :P

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I mean it just looks amazing and having that gpu and lights running simple to look at it... its nearly worth what it might cost :P

-snip video-

I personally want both the 4core "ultrabook" (I know you can't call it an ultrabook when it has that type of CPU but oh well) and the GPU enclosure for my ultimate desktop replacement. The laptop without the graphics card for school work, get home, plug it into my two monitors and the graphics card, play games with desktop-like experience.

But I can only agree, it is very showcase-y and I'd much prefer the Razer case as it is more neutral, and looks to allow more airflow

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

I personally want both the 4core "ultrabook" (I know you can't call it an ultrabook when it has that type of CPU but oh well) and the GPU enclosure for my ultimate desktop replacement. The laptop without the graphics card for school work, get home, plug it into my two monitors and the graphics card, play games with desktop-like experience.

But I can only agree, it is very showcase-y and I'd much prefer the Razer case as it is more neutral, and looks to allow more airflow

:P yea the razer one is possibly more use friendly but seeing as i dont really intend if i were to buy this to actually use it, airflow wouldnt really matter :P

but yea, if i actually had a use for a laptop at all this new way of just coming home plugging in a usb cable and having a awesome gaming rig... its just freaking amazing and if i was still in school i would have bough this as soon as it comes out, to have a easy to carry slim ultrabook with a great cpu desktop i5 or i7 and then this for gaming.. its just pure gold and if they just do NOT limit it to their own line of laptops it should sell so good.. so many need a laptop for work or school then a gaming rig at home, both needing things installed and with different configs and bla bla bla.. just having ONE single system for everything would be beyond awesome.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I've always wanted to build a desk that doubles as a PC case, something with a glass top so you can see inside it, have seen a few really nice ones over the years.

That firestrike score is higher than my desktop PC.

:P yea the razer one is possibly more use friendly but seeing as i dont really intend if i were to buy this to actually use it, airflow wouldnt really matter :P

but yea, if i actually had a use for a laptop at all this new way of just coming home plugging in a usb cable and having a awesome gaming rig... its just freaking amazing and if i was still in school i would have bough this as soon as it comes out, to have a easy to carry slim ultrabook with a great cpu desktop i5 or i7 and then this for gaming.. its just pure gold and if they just do NOT limit it to their own line of laptops it should sell so good.. so many need a laptop for work or school then a gaming rig at home, both needing things installed and with different configs and bla bla bla.. just having ONE single system for everything would be beyond awesome.

The Razer is a downer, as it is only a dual core CPU. By todays standards, at least 4 cores is a must for gaming, so if they have that one ultrabook to support external GPUs, it'd suck. The Asus on the other hand, is quad core but still in an ultrabook chassis, with the same feature as the Razer one.

I was so set on what laptop I wanted before CES. Now I'm afraid I'll have to wait until my new favorite laptop is released :P

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise