My new pc is not working! :(

JohnnyIsHere
Go to solution Solved by VioDuskar,

YES! the pc has tons of diffrent connector things.. but apart from the blue one on my monitor it also has a white one with more pins... I think i still got the connector for that aswell..

IF i use the white ones will it work :o

yes! the white is DVI! use that, make sure it goes from monitor to GPU.

Soo i ordered my parts from a store and paid them to assemble the pc & install the OS.

I Have taken it out of the packaging put my mouse and keyboard in 2 usb slots and they have both turned on (can tell from back light and light on scroll wheel). I have also plugged in the psu into a surge protector thing, and the psu turns on with the power button being lit up + the sound the pc makes. but the cpu cooler doesn't move? idk maybe just cause it hasn't done anything...

yeah so i have my vga connectors ( i think the blue ones) into the monitor and pc but nothing happens on the screen it is just black.. like no error signs just like it is not plugged into anything.

-Monitor does work as i am using it now with my old laptop- Do some pc's only work with certain monitors? idk :l

TL;DR : New PC turns on but nothing comes up on the monitor.

Any helpp would very very very much be appreciated as i have no idea what to do :(

did you plug the monitor cable into the GPU or onboard VGA?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

You said the fans don't spin?

In that case the computer isn't posting or the fans are unplugged. (I am not sure correct me if I am wrong, the PC wont boot without a CPU cooler?)

Try plugging your computer into the wall and not the surge protector, if it still doesn't boot I would say bad PSU

RyanTheCanadian

Network Administration / Systems Management and Security / White Hat

My computer is the definition of scrapyard wars.

follow your topic.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

did you plug the monitor cable into the GPU or onboard VGA?

Uhmm i don't think it is near the GPU... i didn't build it so i just plugged it into the VGA slot at the back of the pc... Am i meant to open the pc up and plug it into the GPU somehow?

Uhmm i don't think it is near the GPU... i didn't build it so i just plugged it into the VGA slot at the back of the pc... Am i meant to open the pc up and plug it into the GPU somehow?

You have to plug it in the back of the graphics card, should be on your left side, not into the motherboard IO

RyanTheCanadian

If your GPU is modern it probably doesn't even have a VGA slot

Only DVI,HDMI or DP

RyanTheCanadian

You said the fans don't spin?

In that case the computer isn't posting or the fans are unplugged. (I am not sure correct me if I am wrong, the PC wont boot without a CPU cooler?)

Try plugging your computer into the wall and not the surge protector, if it still doesn't boot I would say bad PSU

The fans for the cpu yes.. it is a stock cooler for i5 6400.. I THINK i hear the fans on the psu working tho..

Is it common to have psu's that don't work? like it is powering the rest of the pc fine

Call the store up lol, no way they sent it out broken.

For now, reseat your RAM, clear CMOS, try booting up from the iGPU instead of the GPU, and try the RAM in different DIMM

Ohj and a picture of how you have everything plugged in will be very nice.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

you... you don't know anything about computers do you? 

you should have built it yourself, it's a great learning experience. 

if you have a GPU it's got a plug port sticking out of the lower end of the back, it's it's integrated graphics the VGA port will be on the top, near the USB ports. 

If your GPU is modern it probably doesn't even have a VGA slot

Only DVI,HDMI or DP

My gpu is a 2gb r9 380.... and the mobo is  ga-h110m-s2h but it does have a VGA slot... Do i needa a new monitor or just a cable

My gpu is a 2gb r9 380.... and the mobo is  ga-h110m-s2h but it does have a VGA slot... Do i needa a new monitor or just a cable

You need a new moniter

a r9 380 DEFINITELY does not have VGA out (i think)

RyanTheCanadian

For now, reseat your RAM, clear CMOS, try booting up from the iGPU instead of the GPU, and try the RAM in different DIMM

he probably doesnt know what that means. 

if the store gave it to him it works, it shouldn't need reseating. 

maybe a CMOS clear at most. 

They had really bad service when i was buying it :l doubt they can help unless i send the whole thing back to them.... Idk how to do any of that stuff btw :(... whats a igpu?

get a monitor with a DVI, HDMI, or DP ports. 

if a motherboard has a GPU in it it will not use the integrated graphics port near the motherboard IO panel.

you... you don't know anything about computers do you? 

you should have built it yourself, it's a great learning experience. 

if you have a GPU it's got a plug port sticking out of the lower end of the back, it's it's integrated graphics the VGA port will be on the top, near the USB ports. 

Not nuf time 2 learn this stuff :l and just wanted it asap :l  

They had really bad service when i was buying it :l doubt they can help unless i send the whole thing back to them.... Idk how to do any of that stuff btw :(... whats a igpu?

iGPU is integrated graphics, the one onside your CPU. Though a picture of how you've got everything in the back.hooked up will be nice.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

an IGPU means integrated graphics processing unit, intel chips have integrated graphics so you dont need a GPU, you can use it without one if you need too. 

get a monitor with a DVI, HDMI, or DP ports. 

if a motherboard has a GPU in it it will not use the integrated graphics port near the motherboard IO panel.

RIP :( I move between houses so i need to get 2 new monitors :l Is there not a cable i can use with my current monitor?

> Buys a 1200$ PC with a r9 380 and a I5-6400

> Uses VGA

RyanTheCanadian

RIP :( I move between houses so i need to get 2 new monitors :l Is there not a cable i can use with my current monitor?

you can get a VGA to DVI adapter. 

iGPU is integrated graphics, the one onside your CPU. Though a picture of how you've got everything in the back.hooked up will be nice.

Well i bought the r9 380 so no point wasting it and using integrated graphics :l 

> Uses VGA

people don't understand, it's our job to help educate. 

> Uses VGA

What's wrong with VGA :L