New Laptop, swapped boot drive what to do

Hi guys, i m going to get my self a new laptop, a 15,6 inch Lenovo ideapad y 700.

Unfortunately you cant get the 256 gb bootdrive version in Holland so i decided to clone that m.2 to another 256 gb 850 evo m.2.

Now my questions are:

1 are there any stability tests i should do before assuming that the cloning went flawless? (f8 boot or any benchmark orso?)

2 What do you guys actually do when you get a new pc or laptop? what are like the first things to do? update drivers? and where can i find these things?

So basically just how to set up a laptop and any suggestions for stability scans

If you could help me than that would be great!!

Greetzz

Shenki

Laptops have pre-installed software from vendor that can dl latest drivers. Thats rarely needed with new hardware. I would just upgrade it to Win10 like I did with my new one. Then get to Ninite.com and dl all software you feel like needing. Then all the other stuff you might need and why did you actually got laptop for.

As for cloning... I didn't even know you can do that with m.2 drives. But I have done cloning with storage drive. My knowledge says that it either works or doesn't. If it works, you don't need to do anything more. Its just fine.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I would do a fresh install, cloning isn't worth it simply because of all the junk they have installed on these laptops. After installing Windows you need to install all the drivers, which can found on the manufacturer's site.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

Hi guys, i m going to get my self a new laptop, a 15,6 inch Lenovo ideapad y 700.

Unfortunately you cant get the 256 gb bootdrive version in Holland so i decided to clone that m.2 to another 256 gb 850 evo m.2.

Now my questions are:

1 are there any stability tests i should do before assuming that the cloning went flawless? (f8 boot or any benchmark orso?)

2 What do you guys actually do when you get a new pc or laptop? what are like the first things to do? update drivers? and where can i find these things?

So basically just how to set up a laptop and any suggestions for stability scans

If you could help me than that would be great!!

Greetzz

Shenki

first thing I do with a brand new laptop is get the key off it...and format it and install a clean copy of windows on it

then upgrade the drivers

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Laptops have pre-installed software from vendor that can dl latest drivers. Thats rarely needed with new hardware. I would just upgrade it to Win10 like I did with my new one. Then get to Ninite.com and dl all software you feel like needing. Then all the other stuff you might need and why did you actually got laptop for.

As for cloning... I didn't even know you can do that with m.2 drives. But I have done cloning with storage drive. My knowledge says that it either works or doesn't. If it works, you don't need to do anything more. Its just fine.

Yeah i clone because i am afraid that i will lose important stuff and the ability to do a factory reset. As far as i know the laptop comes with w10 installed.

i am planning to clone via external enclosure (usb) using the samsung data migration tool. I hope it works!!

I would do a fresh install, cloning isn't worth it simply because of all the junk they have installed on these laptops. After installing Windows you need to install all the drivers, which can found on the manufacturer's site.

Yeah i clone because i am afraid that i will lose important stuff and the ability to do a factory reset. As far as i know the laptop comes with w10 installed.

i am planning to clone via external enclosure (usb) using the samsung data migration tool. I hope it works!!