Can't use 7.1 Surround on my RAMPAGE V EXTREME with Siberia Wireless Headphones

Hello guys !

As I've seen, the LTT community is a great one and I thought: Hey, maybe there is a guy who can help me with this thing here.

A few months ago I built my beast gaming-editing-overclocking machine, that works perfectly: I got 20%OC on CPU and some big one on GPUs. 

Recently I bought a pair of SteelSeries Wireless Headphones (I don't know the new model number, cuz SteelSeries decided to change that all of a sudden).

I've got the emmiter from the headphone box connected to AC power and to my PC via optical. 

I can hear it very well on stereo settings, though not at the highest bitrate, but when I go to my AUDIO settings and change it to 7.1 or 5.1 surround so I can enjoy a movie at its highest quality, I just can't hear any system sound. 

In the Windows Audio Mixer it says that there is an output but I can't hear it.

Can you please help me with that ?

Optical doesn't support any sample rate over 96000 Hz for 5.1/7.1, so if you're above that, lower it down to 96000Hz and it should work.

Sound-Output-Sample-Rate-Setting.png

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Optical doesn't support any sample rate over 96000 Hz for 5.1/7.1, so if you're above that, lower it down to 96000Hz and it should work.

Sound-Output-Sample-Rate-Setting.png

Okay, I will try that as soon as I get home.

And if I want maximum sample rate at 7.1 i should go analog ? 

Okay, I will try that as soon as I get home.

And if I want maximum sample rate at 7.1 i should go analog ? 

No point really, you won't tell the difference in sound quality between 96000 and 192000Hz. 

Pretty sure to get higher sample rates you need HDMI etc.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

No point really, you won't tell the difference in sound quality between 96000 and 192000Hz. 

Pretty sure to get higher sample rates you need HDMI etc.

Well, thanks alot ! BTW, did you watercool those components?

Well, thanks alot ! BTW, did you watercool those components?

No, I haven't. 

Two reasons, I love the look of the Nvidia GTX 980ti's reference cooler design.

And

It's too difficult and not worth the time just to cool the CPU. 

Thinking of upgrading to the EK 360 Predator. 

No, I haven't. 

Two reasons, I love the look of the Nvidia GTX 980ti's reference cooler design.

And

It's too difficult and not worth the time just to cool the CPU. 

Thinking of upgrading to the EK 360 Predator. 

Well, I've fully watercooled from EK and I can't describe how glad I am I did that. I got awesome temps, low heat output, low noise. I know that once a year I have to clean it up but that's worth it !

Hf with the ek360. I heard it's expandable so that's great  :)