Highest temp for safe FX9590

Go to solution Solved by vagabond139,

so during idle, it jumps between ~16c to around ~55c.

When on load, using prime 95, smal ffts, is a WAT

hold up

its a negative numer :/

~0.6c

it crashed :/

Well its time for a cpu cooler upgrade, the FX 9590 is a mental cpu when it comes to heat, or you could just keep the current cpu cooler if you don't put it under full load like that normally. Or you could strap a Delta fan to it if you are a deaf.

Just test to see if gets too hot. Make sure to watch it. 

i could try reducing voltage, but is .5 volts really going to make a 5c difference?

stopped rising around 78C

Are you OC'd 

the 9590 is a heater lol

i keep mine undervolted with a h100i gtx usually 40c under load

the 9590 is a heater lol

i keep mine undervolted with a h100i gtx usually 40c under load

im using air.........

how is your mobo not dead?

i tried undervolting and underclocking. keeps crashing. whats your bios settings

No!!! No!!! are you fucking insane!!! It's bad to let the chips go a any large amount over 61. You will burn the fucking chip. 

That is a myth due to the confusion of thermal margin. 

That is a myth due to the confusion of thermal margin. 

No

it isn't, that is a myth.

sooooooo,,,,,

am i good...... or no....

?

so 40 c is ok...

then how do i cool it under 60?

Thermal margin is the only real way of getting a accurate temperature reading on AMD cpu's. More people on here really need to know about this, I see way too much misinformation about AMD cpu temperatures and how to measure them accurately.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2122665/understanding-temperature-amd-cpus-apus.html

R

sooooooo,,,,,

am i good...... or no....

Read the article I linked to from Tomshardware and download AMD Overdrive and report back here with the thermal margin under load and idle.

If you're idling, like 1% CPU usage, it shouldn't really get that hot... What does your CPU temp get to when you leave it running in the BIOS?

48c

Good Airflow. Post a picture of your PC with sidepanel off.

instagram.com/eeiean

I mean,your cooler has a TDP capability of 250 watts so that's good. If you're sure your thermal paste is applied right, and it doesn't over heat under load, then 45 is probably fine, though you could increase your fan speed to cool it.

set fan speeds higher in bios

using mx-4 thermal paste

Well, you could improve Airflow with more Fans. But the Airflow itself should be good enough. But you have to put the CPU Fan on the other side. Push the Air throw it is better than pull it. I have Fans on Both sides of the Cooler.

My CPU Cooler is smaller but idle Temps are 30°

http://imgur.com/mtMiCvZ,kIdCJYF,knlDI3a,2XbwGjZ#3

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

R

Read the article I linked to from Tomshardware and download AMD Overdrive and report back here with the thermal margin under load and idle.

hold up

~0.6c

Well, you could improve Airflow with more Fans. But the Airflow itself should be good enough. But you have to put the CPU Fan on the other side. Push the Air throw it is better than pull it. I have Fans on Both sides of the Cooler.

My CPU Cooler is smaller but idle Temps are 30°

http://imgur.com/mtMiCvZ,kIdCJYF,knlDI3a,2XbwGjZ#3

was planning on doing exactly that after ordering more fans :)

hold up

~0.6c

Well its time for a cpu cooler upgrade, the FX 9590 is a mental cpu when it comes to heat, or you could just keep the current cpu cooler if you don't put it under full load like that normally. Or you could strap a Delta fan to it if you are a deaf.

ill just buy more fans.

Thanks man

ill just buy more fans.

Thanks man

Unless you are getting a beefier fan for the HSF, more fans really isn't going to help much with the cpu temperature. I can recommend some, is noise a issue to you? Could you run something that is loud or really loud, like vacuum cleaner/Detla fan loud? If it isn't I would go for a Noctua Industrial 3000PWm fan and if you can within stand a fan going at 6K RPM and have a fan controller that can power it without burning out since it will fry a motherboard fan header I would get a Delta AFB1212GHE.  Both of these will get your temperature up to at least 0C and probably higher than that.

Unless you are getting a beefier fan for the HSF, more fans really isn't going to help much with the cpu temperature. I can recommend some, is noise a issue to you? Could you run something that is loud or really loud, like vacuum cleaner/Detla fan loud? If it isn't I would go for a Noctua Industrial 3000PWm fan and if you can within stand a fan going at 6K RPM and have a fan controller that can power it without burning out since it will fry a motherboard fan header I would get a Delta AFB1212GHE. Both of these will get your temperature up to at least 0C and probably higher than that.

sp or af corsair for case, noise is an issue. I might get 6k rpm fans for the heatsonk

sp or af corsair for case, noise is an issue. I might get 6k rpm fans for the heatsonk

AF fans are for airflow in unrestricted situations like exhaustfan. SP fans are for things like rads and heatisnks. Fyi that Delta fan is loud. I would recommend this, it has a bit more umph behind than the Corsair SP fans and the Be Quiet fans, moves more air, and its quieter than the Corsair fan at full speed provided the manufacturer specs are correct and  better made and should raise your temperature to at least 0C. Its PWM so you can control the fan speed and won't fry a fan header like the Delta fan would, you could run 3 of them off of one header safely. The Delta fan would be better than just about any fan but its very loud and is going to require about a $30 fan controller and at that point you could sell your current cooler and get a new better cooler like a D14 so I wouldn't recommend getting it unless you have a controller that can handle it already.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-case-fan-nff12industrialppc2000pwm 

AF fans are for airflow in unrestricted situations like exhaustfan. SP fans are for things like rads and heatisnks. Fyi that Delta fan is loud. I would recommend this, it has a bit more umph behind than the Corsair SP fans and the Be Quiet fans, moves more air, and its quieter than the Corsair fan at full speed provided the manufacturer specs are correct and  better made and should raise your temperature to at least 0C. Its PWM so you can control the fan speed and won't fry a fan header like the Delta fan would, you could run 3 of them off of one header safely. The Delta fan would be better than just about any fan but its very loud and is going to require about a $30 fan controller and at that point you could sell your current cooler and get a new better cooler like a D14 so I wouldn't recommend getting it unless you have a controller that can handle it already.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-case-fan-nff12industrialppc2000pwm 

I want red led tho :/

might move to 180 mm corsair aoi in the future

I want red led tho :/

might move to 180 mm corsair aoi in the future

You would get very similar or worst temperatures with a AF fan. If you want red led fan I would go for a Coolmaster Jetflo which is according to PCPP, the best SP PWM fan with a red led on it.