a quick question if it is safe to put silver coil in my loop

i recently built a watercooling system for my wife.

the watercooling set-up consists of the following:

Black ice nemesis gts 360 thin rad

EK xtx 240 thick rad

ek 4.0 pwm pump

ek supremacy acetal nickel

ek nickel gpu block

14mm barrow acrylic fittings

90/45 degree barrow angle fittings

barrown drain valve

14mm acrylic tubes

170mm 65diam. reservoir (WITH A STAINLESS STEEL TUBE INSIDE JUST LIKE AQUALIS RESERVOIR)

im planning just to use distilled water as coolant,

my question is, is my loop safe if i would put silver coil and won't induce galvanic corrosion?

post-24956-0-56056200-1452307549_thumb.j

@EK Luc may be able to help you out. But I think silver coils and nickel plating don't play nicely, but I'm not 100% sure.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Technically any metal will corrode any other metal, there is no escape. However its all about rate of reaction. It can be super fast and eat through your blocks or be so slow you only get slight discoloration. 

What you are interested in is the nobility of metals. Below is a link with a table. Metals with similar electrical potential will pose little risk to corrosion. Metals with greater difference will corrode one another. According to the table, silver is fairly closer to copper so its ok, but it probably discolors your shiny copper blocks, not that nickle or other metals won't do that already

http://www.engineersedge.com/galvanic_capatability.htm

Also from a medical science point of view. Heavy metals are highly toxic to almost all forms of life, being able to disrupt cell functions on way too many levels. Silver is probably one of the best anti-microbials you can find. However did you know Copper is also a very very potent anti-microbial metal. Many hospitals are switching to copper hand rails and door knobs because copper is amazing at killing bacteria. You should really have no problem with copper blocks and skip the silver coil. Of course water cooling stores will try to sell you everything just to make money. Not to mention if you use straight distilled water and don't expose your loop to direct sunlight, theres really nothing algae can feed off of anyway. 

Sorry for the science lesson.

We don't recommend the use of a silver kill coil with nickel blocks.

The best would be to use a coolant that contains all the inhibitors and additives.

And the price difference isn't that much compared to a silver kill coil.

Our EK-Ekoolant EVO CLEAR (https://shop.ekwb.com/ek-ekoolant-evo-clear-concentrate-100ml) can be mixed with distilled at an affordable price.