How Do I Know If A Windows Key Has Been Used?

AsrielDreemurr
Go to solution Solved by Juanse,

Is this the only way? Or is there a different process? Or am I out of luck.

All for I know yes, just install win 7 and try with one key, if it doesn't work try with another one.

^

(ramble coming:)

So, I've been planning a new build and the OS solution pushes it a bit far. I've been looking around my house and have found two windows 7 installers with the keys intact. (as well as an office installer with the key intact). But the problem is, I don't know whether they've been activated or not. Is there a way of checking?

If you play Geometry Dash, would you take the time to rate this demon? 14986973 ;3;

The actual way is to try. If it passes, great, if it doesn't, well nope

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

The actual way is to try. If it passes, great, if it doesn't, well nope

If you play Geometry Dash, would you take the time to rate this demon? 14986973 ;3;

All for I know yes, just install win 7 and try with one key, if it doesn't work try with another one.

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

You can't, for obvious reasons. >.>

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

@AsrielDreemurr If it is windows 7 you could go to this site: https://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/software-download/windows7

Enter your windows key and if it is valid, it will let you download the .iso

The site is in dutch for me, but I'm sure it'll switch to your desired language

System: CPU - I5-6500 Motherboard - Asus B150M-A RAM - Crucial ballistix sport 2x4GB DDR4 @2400MHz GPU - RX 480 PSU - Seasonic S12II 520W Case - Aerocool Aero-800 HDD - Seagate 1TB SSD - PNY CS1311 120GB Monitor - AOC G2260VWQ6