question about pc part picker

Hlong

I've always struggled with something on pcpartpicker.

When you pick out your components, they are not always from the same vendor.  So if you order one part of vendor A, another part from Vendor B, etc....how can you save when you are paying shipping to all these vendors?  Wouldn't it make sense to order all parts from the same vendor?   Can someone please explain to me how you go about this?

Click "Buy" for each one and deal with different vendors?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

PCPP includes the shipping costs in the total price by default. You can also change options to make it only use certain retailers if you want to get everything shipped in one package, but it's not necessarily cheaper. 

One site may have a cheaper price. For example, newegg has some hardware way cheaper than it is on amazon. 

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

When you pick out your components, they are not always from the same vendor.  So if you order one part of vendor A, another part from Vendor B, etc....how can you save when you are paying shipping to all these vendors?  Wouldn't it make sense to order all parts from the same vendor?   Can someone please explain to me how you go about this?

Well shipping is basically always free included in the US variant assuming you have prime (or sign for a free trial) and sign up for the free newegg membership before buying stuff.

Otherwise, you can always select to buy from a single merchant in the summary tab (or in the settings).

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

it just shows you the vendors that has the cheapest price, doesnt mean you have to buy it from there, and most time if you buy one thing and shipping is 8$ and you add a bunch of things the shipping wont stay 8$ it will go up with the amount you order, so all in all shipping should cost the same no matter if it separate or one big bundle

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

Whilst selecting parts the first set of checkboxes under the box with the price and such on the left you have the option to only select 1 or more vendors. Try that with your list to see the price difference.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

No.  It wouldn't make sense unless the vendor is offering some sort of discount, which is nothing that is constant, or consistent.  Shipping is included in the price and frequently many wave shipping for most parts, unless you are ordering something small.

If you want to set PCPP to use a specific vendor, left click on your name, go into Preferences, and uncheck any boxes except for those you want.