New Website - Needs thoughts/Criticisms

MayflowerElectronics

Hey guys - Not sure if this the correct place to put this thread, so mods, please feel free to move this. This is NOT I repeat NOT and advertisement or anything like that, I just need some feedback on our new website.

www.MayflowerElectronics.com

Here's a few list of the things I know need to be fixed -

The top Logo and bottom logo

Price Ranges

Some of the text on the bottom bar, you guys know what facebook and twitter are

Review Page

Speed - Working on compressing images and speeding up the site

There's probably some other stuff we're working on as well.

What are your opinions on the font of the website? I personally like it but it's up to others. Thanks for your time guys'.

sans serif logo but serifed text

stick with sans

top menu needs to be justified to the right

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Looks nice to me

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

Bump up the res on the logo

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

fucking nice

logo is too low rez

Already being worked on:)

sans serif logo but serifed text

stick with sans

top menu needs to be justified to the right

Got it, thanks.

Already being worked on:)

Got it, thanks.

Try using a flat skype logo like this

skype-logo-feb_2012_rgb_500.png

and have it hyperlink like this

give the map a non fixed map width and perhaps give it a border?

replace Welcome to Mayflower Electronics in the footer with a copyright?

Change red accents to aqua to match the logo?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

The logo doesn't seem to scale very well on mobile devices. If you use developer tools on chrome and enable mobile emulation you will be able to see for yourself what needs fixing. I suggest you use an SVG for the logo and have it set to 100% width in your stylesheet.

Try using a flat skype logo like this

skype-logo-feb_2012_rgb_500.png

and have it hyperlink like this

give the map a non fixed map width and perhaps give it a border?

replace Welcome to Mayflower Electronics in the footer with a copyright?

That's actually the old contact page, here's the new one - 

https://www.mayflowerelectronics.com/contact/

The logo doesn't seem to scale very well on mobile devices. If you use developer tools on chrome and enable mobile emulation you will be able to see for yourself what needs fixing. I suggest you use an SVG for the logo and have it set to 100% width in your stylesheet.

Yeah that's being worked on as well.

That's actually the old contact page, here's the new one - 

https://www.mayflowerelectronics.com/contact/

Yeah that's being worked on as well.

Keep the text on one side of the map and have the form on top

or even better have the contact form to the left of the map (60% form 40% map)

and dont forget to change these to images hosted on your server even if they are the same

<link id="snpshpwp_favicon" rel="shortcut icon" href="http://www.shindiristudio.com/snapshop/shop-boxed/wp-content/themes/snapshopWP/images/snpshpwp_favicon.png" type='image/x-icon'><link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://www.shindiristudio.com/snapshop/shop-boxed/wp-content/themes/snapshopWP/images/snpshpwp_favicon.png" type="image/png"><link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="72x72" href="http://www.shindiristudio.com/snapshop/shop-boxed/wp-content/themes/snapshopWP/images/snpshpwp_favicon.png" type="image/png"><link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="114x114" href="http://www.shindiristudio.com/snapshop/shop-boxed/wp-content/themes/snapshopWP/images/snpshpwp_favicon.png" type="image/png"><link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="144x144" href="http://www.shindiristudio.com/snapshop/shop-boxed/wp-content/themes/snapshopWP/images/snpshpwp_favicon.png" type="image/png">

Also a live chat is essential.

Hey guys - Not sure if this the correct place to put this thread, so mods, please feel free to move this. This is NOT I repeat NOT and advertisement or anything like that, I just need some feedback on our new website.

www.MayflowerElectronics.com

Here's a few list of the things I know need to be fixed -

Price Ranges

Some of the text on the bottom bar, you guys know what facebook and twitter are

Review Page

Speed - Working on compressing images and speeding up the site

There's probably some other stuff we're working on as well.

What are your opinions on the font of the website? I personally like it but it's up to others. Thanks for your time guys'.

Looks decent. Unfortunately the DACs are a little bit out of my price range or I'd get one. (10x more) 

For some reason I am getting a low FPS... Might be me or the website. Loaded pretty quickly.

Thank you for not storing card info. A+

https://www.mayflowerelectronics.com/about-us/

This is weird without audio, maybe change to a slideshow of products?

Other than that, very nice and professional.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

Logos are fine.

Price Ranges:
I can't say much if the items are too expensive or not. But what I would like to say instead is I think it's better to list down the product model with the price beside it. As least personally for me I prefer it this way so that I don't have to go to another page, especially since the site is experiencing speed issues at the moment when going to another page.

Texts at the bottom:
About the menu at the bottom: About Us...Submit Feedback you should relocated some at the top menu like the My Account Option and Blog they seem out of place.

This also goes the same for the Search textbox at the footer, it seems out of place try relocating it at the top of the footer or at least try changing its background color to something closer to the footer's background color. It's also too short, try to maximize the available width for that cell. I assume you used tables to align those elements(I didn't look at the HTML code).

Review Page:
Written versions needed at the index page, a short few sentences would be nice just to get the interest of potential customers. Maybe located it just at the bottom of the item's image(basically as a caption).

Speed's fine except when being redirected to another page like the review page.

My system: CPU: Intel i5 6500; Mobo: H110M-k; GPU: Nvidia GT 730; Memory: 16 GB; HDD: 2x 1TB HDD;

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'll send this thread over to the developer. I'll be back in a few days with a new thread and we'll see what else needs to be tweaked. This is version 1.0 so a lot needs to be worked on :)

The website looks amazing so far. In addition to @thekeemo 's point about the About Us page, the video could maybe have audio triggered by clicking it. I also couldn't get the "go to top" button to work at the bottom of the page.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

Personally I like sites that take up the whole width of my screen. 

Other than that keeping to one animation (preferably simple) for the slideshow and maybe a higher res branding image and a static homebar thing (the one with home | About | Products) and maybe the pictures of products grey scaling when mouse is hovered above it. Also for featured items maybe having a horizontal sliding list similar to that of http://www.amazon.com 's related items bar so that you can fit more items in and make less site navigation necessary. Making the search function on the frontpage an on mouse hover like the rest of the bar would be nice instead of having to click and maybe having it expand to the right instead of having a dropdown and possibly having the dropdowns for the menu animated instead of a sudden appearance.

To increase loading times you should eliminate all inline CSS and JS, this will allow browsers to cache the content of the files (less data transfer on each request). Combining CSS and JS into less files would also increase performance.

JS should also be loaded just before the closing <body> tag to make the site feel like it loads faster (loading JS files in the <head> section become render-blocking as they need to be loaded first, which makes the site seem slower).

Also, the placeholder in the search bar at the bottom isn't properly vertically/horizontally aligned, and the "Search" button doesn't lineup with the search box. Kind of a preference thing, but I would make the search bar there span the whole column.

EDIT: Noticed that you have "Autocomplete = 'off'" for your login form, why? There's no reason why the form shouldn't allow autocomplete.  

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

1. "Welcome to Mayflower Electronics" at the bottom is kind of weird, I would say just delete that and move the scroll to top button to the strip above with Submit Feedback and all that.

2. The submit feedback etc line should be centered.

3. The clearfix div seems really out of place. It might be better under the main page logo.\

4. The cart button says "Your shopping cart is empty Why not add some items in our Shop", I think it might be more clear with punctuation "Your shopping cart is empty. Why not add some items in our Shop?" Also its hard to tell the "Shop" part is a link. Try underlining it or something.

It looks great though, much better than the old one.