Trying to clean install windows 10?

terrytek

you may question why i'm asking this when it was released a couple months ago, but my computer has been having issues with the upgrade process. i see the icon in my notification area, and download it, and i do the upgrade routine, but i still can't seem to get it to upgrade. it gives me an error, saying i don't have enough memory for a ramdisk, but i have 6gb, i shouldn't have an issue. my dad's system had only 4 and worked fine. so i assume it might be the software. so i decided its time for a clean install. i already backed up my files onto another partition so i can transfer them back when i have windows 10 on. so what i'm still concerned about is the activation. The internet says, when doing a clean install, you have to upgrade to windows 10 first, but i can't even do that when it gives me errors. @ShadowCaptain says i can use my already activated windows 8 key for the installer, but howtogeek.com says that's impossible. so how the hell am i able to do a clean install while keeping it genuine and FREE?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

do a clean install while keeping it genuine and FREE? 

just get the install media off windows and install it when it asks for it there's a skip option and then auto activate it in windows once you connect to the internet

just get the install media off windows and install it when it asks for it there's a skip option and then auto activate it in windows once you connect to the internet

really? it will still take my activated key? i was meaning to get the install media, but really i can skip it and still auto activate it?? 

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

really? it will still take my activated key? i was meaning to get the install media, but really i can skip it and still auto activate it?? 

no if it uses the motherboards like vin number or something. I assumed you were using the same computer. And yes because this is what I did.

no if it uses the motherboards like vin number or something. I assumed you were using the same computer. And yes because this is what I did.

yeah i'm using the same computer. are you sure for a fact i can skip entering the key and auto activate it later? because i'm really iffy about clean installs.

yeah i'm using the same computer. are you sure for a fact i can skip entering the key and auto activate it later? because i'm really iffy about clean installs.

yes its on the bottom and its in blue text and it says skip key entry or "dont have a key?" or something along those lines, and its less of a button and more of a hyper link looking thing.

yes its on the bottom and its in blue text and it says skip key entry or "dont have a key?" or something along those lines, and its less of a button and more of a hyper link looking thing.

ok but are you really sure i can automatically activate my copy of windows 10 for free? because i don't wanna be stuck with a non genuine copy.

ok but are you really sure i can automatically activate my copy of windows 10 for free? because i don't wanna be stuck with a non genuine copy.

yes I did it myself its also odd that it changed my key from my other one.

@terrytek here's my post on the subject. I did a fresh reinstall on my new ssd.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/504119-new-drive-help-reinstalling-windows-10-on-it/

here is the only proof I can give...

why you people don't make an image with macrium reflect free for your windows after you finished install your OS drivers and programs

so you can restore from backup in 7 minutes .