R9 295X2

Lumaci

So! I went out and wanted to get a new gpu just cuz yeah better is always nice and i had about 1000USD for a GPU alone didnt know how much a good one costed so i just went out with a pretty high budget, and now i found a R9 295X2 for 600USD, where i could get a GTX 980ti for 700USD (The Msi version)

is it right that im going for the AMD? or should i just go with the GTX?

Its like 1 to 1 in performence other then a few more in some games and a few less in other else its just the same and the R9 looks amazin!

295x2 is quite more powerfull

but it needs at least 1000W power supply, and outputs crazy heat

also it's dual GPU, so you know.... issues

i think you should get 980ti

I have a decent 1500W Corsair PSU coming to me in a few days so i think i can handle this card haha when i buy GPU's i always go out and buy a new psu so im able to crossfire / sli a card more just if i have to get it then im able to.

And yeah so far ive only seen better scores with the AMD, and gotta say i always hated amd but now amd is getting good.
And dont think about it being a dual gpu im gonna crossfire / sli anyway so the iissues will still be there no matter what in my case and i can deal with it always running sli / crossfire so i know how to get it sorted and where the good drivers are and stuff :D

Also now when i think about it i could just trade the R9 for a 980ti and maybe ad some cash no problem, so if i woudlnt be happy about the card id just be able to trade it.

980 ti imo.

CPU: I7 5960X @4612 MHZ/1.325Vcore | Cooler: Full custom loop | Mobo: Asus X-99A | GPU: 2 EVGA 980 TI Classifieds | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GBs 3200 MHZ | Storage: Samsung SM951 512 GB M.2 Drive, Mushkin Eco2 512 GB SSD, Muskin Chronos 480 GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX 1000i | Case: Fractal define R5 | Monitor: LG 34UC87M-B

But is it worth 100USD for maybe 5 10 FPS? yes i know im talking about the most high end gpues in the world where its not even worth thinking about getting these, but still worth 100USD for that less?

I would get 980 Ti. Just for the sake of support in games. Sometimes 980Ti outperforms about 3-4% in games.

Add 980 Ti later.

If you wanna compare the benchmarks Here http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1437?vs=1496

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

But is it worth 100USD for maybe 5 10 FPS? yes i know im talking about the most high end gpues in the world where its not even worth thinking about getting these, but still worth 100USD for that less?

he has Lightning 980ti, that one is 200$ more at least

he has Lightning 980ti, that one is 200$ more at least

That is true, where the MSI goes for 800USD new, (Im buying used if that counts)

I would get 980 Ti. Just for the sake of support in games. Sometimes 980Ti outperforms about 3-4% in games.

Add 980 Ti later.

If you wanna compare the benchmarks Here http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1437?vs=1496

When i look at it it makes me less want to go with 980ti haha, i play Battlefield and thats it and R9 295X2 Wins in it by alot, same goes to genral valley benchmarks and firestrike.

List of game i play just to compare FPS:

DayZ
Arma 2 / 3
GTA V
Battlefield 4
Battlefield Hardline
Battlefront
And some other games i know ill get 300+ Fps in. (Small indie games n such)

Always forgot to mention it but im not playing on "4K" But on more monitors.

I have a decent 1500W Corsair PSU coming to me in a few days so i think i can handle this card haha when i buy GPU's i always go out and buy a new psu so im able to crossfire / sli a card more just if i have to get it then im able to.

And yeah so far ive only seen better scores with the AMD, and gotta say i always hated amd but now amd is getting good.

And dont think about it being a dual gpu im gonna crossfire / sli anyway so the iissues will still be there no matter what in my case and i can deal with it always running sli / crossfire so i know how to get it sorted and where the good drivers are and stuff :D

Dont crossfire a 295x2, quadfire isnt really that worth it.. I would definitely say the 980ti, if you SLI that youre golden!

I think that you will be happy with the 295x2, I am happy with mine. You can either bump up the power and oc (mine does 1070/1500 comfortably and rarely gets over 70 degrees), or you can leave at stock clock and reduce the power by a small amount and get temps that don't get to 60 degrees.

I think that you will be happy with the 295x2, I am happy with mine. You can either bump up the power and oc (mine does 1070/1500 comfortably and rarely gets over 70 degrees), or you can leave at stock clock and reduce the power by a small amount and get temps that don't get to 60 degrees.

Nice man and i will, this is my first 200USD+ GPU its a upgrade from sli 670 to this so im only gonna get min twice the FPS.

What games do you play and how well does it run?

Nice man and i will, this is my first 200USD+ GPU its a upgrade from sli 670 to this so im only gonna get min twice the FPS.

What games do you play and how well does it run?

I dont play much tbh, Project cars is my main game. Plays that across 3 x 1080p screens at max settings at over 60 fps. Arma 3 is in my list but may need some fettling to get frame rates that high. I think it runs at about 40 fps on max settings with high view distance. KSP runs great anyway lol

When i look at it it makes me less want to go with 980ti haha, i play Battlefield and thats it and R9 295X2 Wins in it by alot, same goes to genral valley benchmarks and firestrike.

I'd still recommend you getting a 980 Ti.

R9 295x2 is a power hungry card, more heat output, breaks your bank on Electricity bill. 980 Ti is a single GPU and performs kinda similar to the R9 295x2 which is a dual GPU. And it's an Old card. Get a 980 Ti now. If you're playing on 3x1080p monitors, 980 Ti can handle that. Add another 980 Ti later.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

R9 295x2 FTW!

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Dont crossfire a 295x2, quadfire isnt really that worth it.. I would definitely say the 980ti, if you SLI that youre golden!

you can always get a 290x if you want to tri fire with the 295, Crossfire scales way better than SLI anyway from what I have read.

I'd still recommend you getting a 980 Ti.

R9 295x2 is a power hungry card, more heat output, breaks your bank on Electricity bill. 980 Ti is a single GPU and performs kinda similar to the R9 295x2 which is a dual GPU. And it's an Old card. Get a 980 Ti now. If you're playing on 3x1080p monitors, 980 Ti can handle that. Add another 980 Ti later.

I have a fixed bill so im not paying more if im using more only paying 25USD and no more :-) 

And sure it it might be hot but still not hotter then what i have now, and cant get lower temps on it my cards run 40 41 idle, and i dont have any place for fans to get the air to them (Having to many rads)

And its not that old if we look at it its about the age of 980.

I have a fixed bill so im not paying more if im using more only paying 25USD and no more :-) 

And sure it it might be hot but still not hotter then what i have now, and cant get lower temps on it my cards run 40 41 idle, and i dont have any place for fans to get the air to them (Having to many rads)

Alright, your choice.

Ive heard a lot of good things about the card. It beats a titan x by a significant amount in gamea with good scaling. And the aio cooler helps with Temps

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

He lucky got the amd while I want an amd to use with my freesync monitor

Get a 980 TI and OC the shit out of it. 

* less energy used even OC'd

* better drivers (nvidia ftw)

* single gpu so no dGPU stuttering issues. 

980 Ti no brainer man. 

295x2 is quite more powerfull

but it needs at least 1000W power supply, and outputs crazy heat

also it's dual GPU, so you know.... issues

i think you should get 980ti

You also need specifically 24v rails.

I7-6700k @ 4.8Ghz, EVGA Z170 Classified, Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8 32 GB, EVGA FTW+ ACX 2.0 GeForce GTX 980ti 6 GB x3, 2Tb WD Black x3, 1Tb Samsung 850 Evo, 400Gb Intel NVME PCIE SSD, Corsair RMx 850w 80+ Gold, Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Brown RGB, SteelSeries Sensei Raw