Metro Last Light crashed on brand new card - 770 Lightning

sew999

Hey all. I have a problem. I want to know where is the fault. I mean ,last time , i bought my new Lightning 770 . Overall i am happy with temperatures, and playing games. But yesterday when i was playing Metro Last Light my game just freeze then i use CTRL+ALT+DELETE and close METROLL.exe because HE WAS STOPPED RESPONDIND. No any error messages come with it in EventViewer. Just get the "Not Responding" in task manager. The game simply froze and I had to bring up the task manager to close the game (which was "not responding" ).
( Last level with tank )
Temp while that crash happens was 73C , so its good .
That was one single crash. I can play all days without any single crash, but yesterday i dont know why game just freez and crashed. Its something with my card? Can you help me?

All games i played and tested: Black Ops 2, Crysis 3 + benchmarks like Unigine Heaven and 3dmarks no crashing even one single time, just never. Only on Metro LL yesterday i was had that one single crash ( LEVEL : D6 last mission ) , and i am worried now. Where is the issue?
I am using 320.49 WHQL drivers. Temps while playing are good , from 69C to 73C.

Hey all. I have a problem. I want to know where is the fault. I mean ,last time , i bought my new Lightning 770 . Overall i am happy with temperatures, and playing games. But yesterday when i was playing Metro Last Light my game just freeze then i use CTRL+ALT+DELETE and close METROLL.exe because HE WAS STOPPED RESPONDIND. No any error messages come with it in EventViewer. Just get the "Not Responding" in task manager. The game simply froze and I had to bring up the task manager to close the game (which was "not responding" ).

( Last level with tank )

Temp while that crash happens was 73C , so its good .

That was one single crash. I can play all days without any single crash, but yesterday i dont know why game just freez and crashed. Its something with my card? Can you help me?

All games i played and tested: Black Ops 2, Crysis 3 + benchmarks like Unigine Heaven and 3dmarks no crashing even one single time, just never. Only on Metro LL yesterday i was had that one single crash ( LEVEL : D6 last mission ) , and i am worried now. Where is the issue?

I am using 320.49 WHQL drivers. Temps while playing are good , from 69C to 73C.

Thats just mtero.. its a pretty terrible game engine

You could try the latest beta driver to see if it help. But it is Metro. Sometimes it works and sometime it doesn't.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

IMO, that's not true........I played the game just fine on all three of my systems. On my 2nd rig, FX8350 + 2x GTX670 SLi (320.00), I did not get a single issue, ran just as flawlessly on both my AMD GPU systems as well.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

IMO, that's not true........I played the game just fine on all three of my systems. On my 2nd rig, FX8350 + 2x GTX670 SLi (320.00), I did not get a single issue, ran just as flawlessly on both my AMD GPU systems as well.

ehh i been running just fine with a pretty crazy oc but for the most part it is a pretty bad engine

In event log i dont have any warning and msg . Why?

In event log i dont have any warning and msg . Why?

Doesn't matter, it was a single game freeze. Nothing to worry about.

What is strange that in event log i dont have any warning like " Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding" . So why game just hangs and freez without driver crash while playing?

Try new geforce drivers if any, and check for patch's to metro. Though the engine is not the greatest. Have u tryed to see if Sli is a problem? I have a crossfire setup (2x 7970's) and every time I loaded up the game the screen would just go black and the whole system froze, I just took out one of my 7970 and just like that the next time I started up metro the game loaded up like a charm.

I found out. M Last Light is crashing always after running Fear 3. I know its strange . But i remember a few days ago i run for about 2 minutes FEAR 3 then next i run METRL LL and Metro LL was crashed smiley.gif.

So today i repeat that procedure. I run FEAR 3 and exit game , then i run METRO LL and guess what? METRO LL freez while playing after 4-5 minutes stopped responding and i use CTRL ALT DELETE and kill process. So its for 100% now software problem or drivers?smiley.gif Maybe some corrupted files are generating after playing FEAR 3?

Temps are always 73-74C max . So i guess its ok.

Ah and again i check EVENTLOG and nothing in messages!! :)

What you think guys?

Yesterday that game crashed again in the same spot in game.frown.gif I mean when i was shooting to tank on last mission. Is something related to game?
This happen a few minutes after loaded level.

That was my second crash in about 3 days of playing that game.

Screen just freeze, i used CTRL ALT DELETE because MetroLL.exe was not responding in task manager. Any suggestions?

Only last level D6 crashing for me.

Look:

cr1.jpg

cr2.jpg

Today i get Display recovered!!!! Oo

Rma card?

Its something bad with card now? If i get driver recovery crash. Only D6 mission

Oh god why?

One swallow does not a spring make man!

One game crashing is nothing, it could be a million other reasons, I wouldn't look at the card before I've checked my OC, drivers, game patches, game engine quality, overall game-card compatibility, and then the card.

There's nothing to panic about, by games crash on a daily basis for numerous reasons. 90% of the time it's my own damn fault for OC'ing so hard.

Keep calm and game on!

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

Even if it is recover Display recovery .??

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

And i am worried because display recovery is a wrong sign.

Its something bad with card now? If i get driver recovery crash.

I CANT MAKE 25 loops in benchmark METRO because driver is stopped responding and crashed;/// What is going on? Something with card?

Terrible I think not. I mean less than 1GB vRam @ 1440P on Ultra with 2xMSAA for the visual quality it delvers is very optimized.

AMD Phenom II x4 955 OCed, HD 7850, LG 27EA33 1080P IPS, 4GB ram

I CANT MAKE 25 loops in benchmark METRO because driver is stopped responding and crashed;/// What is going on? Something with card?

It's an nvidia driver issue. You will have to wait for a new driver or roll back to a more stable one.

It's an nvidia driver issue. You will have to wait for a new driver or roll back to a more stable one.

Are you sure? Why its crashing display on near 25 loop:?

Are you sure? Why its crashing display on near 25 loop:?

Try an older driver.

Again, maybe little brighter. Sorry for my bad language.
I cant pass 20+ loops while i am running benchmark in Metro LL.
I get freez, then black screen and in eventlog i get " nvl....Driver display recovery...EVENT ID 4104"

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

This can also happen in the Benchmark after running it for 10-20 times in a loop.

I'm very confident my video card and the rest of my hardware are fine, I have been running several Benchmarks (Unigine Valley and Heaven, 3DMark11 and 2013 one) as well as other games (Battlefield 3, Crysis 3, Tomb Raider, Fear 3,Black Ops 2, even Metro Last Light playing is ok.). All of these are very demanding as well and they run without any problems

Only Metro LL benchmark is crashing GPU.

I have:
Gtx 770 Lightning
I7 3770K 3.5
8gb ram
Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 1000W
Sabertooth Z77
320.49 WHQL drivers

My previous card 770 Lightning was faulty, but was crashing often nvlddmkm in Unigine Heaven and card was shutting off computer while i was on test DEMO ICE STORM in 3dmark 13. Now on my actually new Lightning 770 all its ok. But only Metro LL is crashing driver when i am benchmarking. So what now? RMA card because now its unstable on Metro LL bench? -.-

The driver crashing might be an oc problem. I had the same issue while testing a higher oc on my 780 in Unigine Heaven. Underclock or overvolt and try again

[spoiler=Current Rig:]i5-4670K @ 4.4 Ghz on 1.3v | MSI Z87I | GTX 780 @ 1150 Mhz | 2x8GB ADATA XPG | Samsung 840 250GB SSD | CM V700 PSU | Custom Watercooled in a Caselabs S3

[spoiler=Peripherals:]Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 | Corsair K70 | Sennheiser Urbanite headphones | Corsair Vengeance MM200 | Asus PB278Q + Samsung 22"

I want to have card fully stable on default settings what came from shop.       On Heaven i dont have any crashes.