help with gaming

NEwBiE321

Hello, 

I bought a new pc and built it. now i downloaded the forest and its soo laggy. i specifically bought and built this thing to run big games. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sNCwWZ

can anyone tell me if this pc setup is supposed to run games like ark and the forest and fallout or did i buy something i shouldnt have?

Hello, 

I bought a new pc and built it. now i downloaded the forest and its soo laggy. i specifically bought and built this thing to run big games. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sNCwWZ

can anyone tell me if this pc setup is supposed to run games like ark and the forest and fallout or did i buy something i shouldnt have?

Have you updated the drivers?

Have you tried any games? How are the CPU and GPU temperatures?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Isn't The Forest an indie game?  Chances are it's still unoptimized.  What kind of FPS are you getting?

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

This build is supposed to run pretty much all the new games on medium settings and all the old games on max settings (on 1080p of course). The forest is full of bugs and performance issues, so it was probably not your pc's fault. Anyway, try updating your graphics and motherboard drivers to the latest version.

From my experience, The Forest is a horribly unoptimized game.

PC: EVGA SR2, 2x Xeon X5690 @ 4.5, 48gb GSkill Trident @ 1810, 2x Evga gtx 980 TI Classy, 6x 850 evo 250gb RAID 0, 2x WD 4tb, Corsair 900D, Custom Loop with Cpus And mobo, 3x Asus VN279q

OTher : EVGA x58 Classified3, Xeon x5679 @ 4.2, 12gb kingston HyperX fury, 2x Evga GTX 670, Adata sp550 120gb, 2x WD 2tb, Corsair Graphite Series 230T, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asus VG236H

Isn't The Forest an indie game?  Chances are it's still unoptimized.  What kind of FPS are you getting?

Its been out for a while, and I don't remember people saying it was badly optimized.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Run monitoring software like gpuz, or msi afterburner to check your gpu stats. Things to keep your eye out for is low gpu usage, and high temperatures.

I have an issue every now and then where my core will get locked to 540 mhz after a driver crash, so that may be an issue as well.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

i can run that game on max graphics easily over 100 fps. i have i5 4690k and gtx 970. i have no idea why yours is lagging, we have pretty much the same cpu(if mines in stock speeds, they are close + this game doesent seem to me to be cpu heavy). it must be your gpu. but update drivers, and go to nvidia control panel settings and reset them.

while gaming have your mobos software or any software record cpu and gpu usage. and temperatures. then you know which one it is thats holding you back

Isn't The Forest an indie game?  Chances are it's still unoptimized.

It's self-published, yes. Indie doesn't mean poorly optimized.

Early Access may mean that, though it's been available for a year and a half and is quite popular I think. I haven't heard of serious, widespread optimization issues.

It's self-published, yes. Indie doesn't mean poorly optimized.

Early Access may mean that, though it's been available for a year and a half and is quite popular I think. I haven't heard of serious, widespread optimization issues.

Indies does mean less money to spend on things like that tho.  Been true time and again.

Indies does mean less money to spend on things like that tho.  Been true time and again.

Optimization problems are typically an issue of how well a project is managed, not the sheer budget available. If anything, it's the triple-A market that has earned a reputation for terrible platform-specific optimization over the last few years to the point where we now actually consider good optimization a selling point. And more often than not, it's the games with enormous budgets that have those problems.

Early Access is an entirely different layer to that problem, though. Expect problems when playing games that aren't done.

the witcher is technically indie.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Seeing as how CD Projekt owns CD Projekt Red, and GoG.com, worked on Baldur's Gate (a version that never made it out cos Interplay died), and only recently sold off their cdp.pl company who did distributed Blizzard, Disney, Konami and Wizards of the Coast games, and launched a min Amazon-like platform in Poland, and CD Projekt Red has over 200-300 employees, yeah, not really indie.  They are far bigger than you think.  The only thing "indie" about them is they self publish.  In that case, Blizzard is indie too ;)

The only thing "indie" about them is they self publish.  In that case, Blizzard is indie too ;)

thats the literal deffinition of indie. "self published"  yes blizzard is indie.

you're thinking specifically about smaller indie devs that dont have the budget for proper quality control and bug fixes.  but being indie has nothing to do with that. the fact that they only have 5 people on the team is the reason.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

thats the literal deffinition of indie. "self published"  yes blizzard is indie.

you're thinking specifically about smaller indie devs that dont have the budget for proper quality control and bug fixes.  but being indie has nothing to do with that. the fact that they only have 5 people on the team is the reason.

Being indie has nothing to do with being "self published"... I'd like you to make a case for EA, Activision, Blizzard, Ubisoft as indie game developers.  They all self publish.

Independent video games (commonly referred to as indie games) are video games created by individuals or small teams generally without video game publisher financial support

For example, Bastion, developed by Supergiant Games, was published by Warner Bros. Interactive. Though Warner Bros. paid for the distribution and marketing of the title, Supergiant Games refused any funding for development costs, building the game on their own, and the resulting title is considered an indie game by the industry

well.... more replies than i thought lol. but how do i update my video card? 

That's a little too technical for my tastes. The Witcher 3's developer is CDProjekt RED, the publisher is CDProjekt (a separate business entity), and it was distributed in North America by Warner Brothers, amusingly enough. It was distributed by Namco-Bandai everywhere else.

well.... more replies than i thought lol. but how do i update my video card?

Go to nvdia website

Find the drivers section fill in ur info(gpu) then download and install

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933