Need Help With Picking Parts For PC Build

alien808

Hey guys, building my first PC and I need help choosing some parts. My budget is around $US 2000-2500. I'm using it mainly for music production but I also would like to be able to do basic video editing. So far I have chosen the CPU - Intel i7 5820k, Mobo- Asus X99-A, I need help choosing a graphics card under $200 that will be good for basic video editing and compatible with the motherboard I have chosen. The video/photo editing programs I plan on using are Adobe After Effects and Photoshop. Also what will be a good power supply? I am thinking 750w? 

This is interesting, I would normally say 380x for that price but this time, get a 960 so u can use cuda technology in video rendering

Leave a like if you breathed oxygen today

This should cover most of it you can choose different things if you want to but its under $2k, which gives you more room to change prices and items. Everything is compatible.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/s8HHXL

man funny thing is you can add 2 GPU like 980 and a better PSU in that build cuz of price and i think that would be enough 

Hey guys, building my first PC and I need help choosing some parts. My budget is around $US 2000-2500. I'm using it mainly for music production but I also would like to be able to do basic video editing. So far I have chosen the CPU - Intel i7 5820k, Mobo- Asus X99-A, I need help choosing a graphics card under $200 that will be good for basic video editing and compatible with the motherboard I have chosen. The video/photo editing programs I plan on using are Adobe After Effects and Photoshop. Also what will be a good power supply? I am thinking 750w? 

you pick this bugdet you picked mobo and CPU that are nearly half of it PSU wont be as expensive as it seemms so so around 1200 with that so you still have 1300 so kinda searching for 200 $ GPU is waste of potential even for basic rendering. I would rather go for a good AIR cooler , case that fits and its good like fractal design r5 or phanteks evo that should be around 1300 or 1400 and than storage hmm oh fuck typing just look here xD:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Rn8VjX

this build is good on your task and good on gaming and you have room to nice case and in fact more storage on your bugdet :D

CPU i5 6600k 4,4Ghz , COOLER Dark Rock 3 from BQ, RAM 16 GB of ddr 4 2800MHz from corsair,

PSU EVGA 750 W GOLD G2, MOBO Msi z170A Gaming M3, CASE NZXT H440 Black/Blue,

GPU Geforce GTX 980 Gigabyte G1 Gaming,

STORAGE 1 SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB and 1 HDD 500GB WD, Windows 8.1.

Hey guys, building my first PC and I need help choosing some parts. My budget is around $US 2000-2500. I'm using it mainly for music production but I also would like to be able to do basic

Are you spending the rest of the budget on 4k displays?

In any case, if you aren't gaming you could just get a workstation GPU and call it a day

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Now I'm stuck between the evga gtx 960 and the evga geforce gtx 970 ACX 2.0 FTW......also these are both compatible with the Asus X99-A motherboard correct?

This is interesting, I would normally say 380x for that price but this time, get a 960 so u can use cuda technology in video rendering

Now I'm stuck between the evga gtx 960 and the evga geforce gtx 970 ACX 2.0 FTW......also these are both compatible with the Asus X99-A motherboard correct?

Yes they both are. Buy the 970 FTW, its gives much better performance (at a higher cost so it's still your call to make)

Leave a like if you breathed oxygen today

Are you doing any gaming? Because the 380/390 are better choices overall for future DX12/Vulkan Support, and saving money on free-sync displays

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

Yes they both are. Buy the 970 FTW, its gives much better performance (at a higher cost so it's still your call to make)

thank you so much

Are you doing any gaming? Because the 380/390 are better choices overall for future DX12/Vulkan Support, and saving money on free-sync displays

most likely not, but thanks ill look that up too sounds like a good idea 

most likely not, but thanks ill look that up too sounds like a good idea 

If you aren't gaming you could just get literally anything and it'll work fine, GPU acceleration for video editing depends mostly on the codec you'll be using, As for the live preview I think both CUDA and OpenCL work well now, CUDA is probably still more deeply ingrained though, but OpenCL being Open tends to be the future

Spoiler