Best CPU cooler for Intel i7-4790K

Endrit
Go to solution Solved by rectinaught,

If you're not planning on oc'ing, why not stick with the stock cooler?

I did so, before, and reached around a 100 degrees Celsius on the CPU. I will always recommend a going with a good CPU cooler and good CPU cooling paste. I have a NH-D15 at the moment and I would not switch it for the world. I max out at less than 70 degrees. I recommend a moderately priced cooler, which would do the job. For example, one of these: Cryorig H5 or H7, Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo, BeQuiet Dark Rock or the Noctua NH-U9S. I have not had any of these coolers myself, but I believe the good reviews they have gotten.

Hi guys I am planning on building a PC , just gonna ask which air cooler is best for Intel i7-4790K, not planning on overclocking right now but I might in the future.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Budget?

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

The Hyper 212 Evo from Cooler master is pretty good whether you are overclocking or not. Keeps your cpu pretty cool. Its $25 on amazon atm. There are a couple other ones that are better than it but they are more expensive and there is to much of an improvement from the evo.

Well looking one for under 100$ but even if it's a good one but it's couple of dollars more I will buy it.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I did so, before, and reached around a 100 degrees Celsius on the CPU. I will always recommend a going with a good CPU cooler and good CPU cooling paste. I have a NH-D15 at the moment and I would not switch it for the world. I max out at less than 70 degrees. I recommend a moderately priced cooler, which would do the job. For example, one of these: Cryorig H5 or H7, Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo, BeQuiet Dark Rock or the Noctua NH-U9S. I have not had any of these coolers myself, but I believe the good reviews they have gotten.

I did so, before, and reached well over 100 degrees on the CPU. I will always recommend a going with a good CPU cooler and good CPU cooling paste. I have a NH-D15 at the moment and I would not switch it for the world. I max out at less than 70 degrees.

100c is much too high even for the stock cooler. It may have been due to an improper mount of lack of proper case airflow.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.