Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Also if you hand feel cramped on the G700s I can only imagine how it would feel on a G602 as is a smaller mouse and for me the top of my thumb is always touching the underside of the bottom three side buttons. Also can you really use any of the top buttons on the G400s? For me only the one right behind the scroll wheel is easily reachable.

I have massive hands so lots of buttons in a small area do not work for me. I simply cannot fathom how people use MMO mice for example. So I can use all the buttons on the G400 just fine, the front dpi button is a little bit cumbersome to press since I have to reach over the scroll wheel but I can press with relative ease. However I tend not to use DPI toggling (unless I want my 3rd person character to freak out on other people's screens) so I can keep consistency with my sensitivity. I would normally bind those buttons to random keys I never use but for whatever reason the Logitech drivers mess with certain games so I just uninstalled them entirely.

I think the shape of the G500 I like possibly more than the G400 however the button placement and sensor was enough for me to return to the G400. However I still have not found a mouse that I like the shape as much as the Intellimouse. I am seriously considering picking up a Steelseries Rival since it looks like a non ambidextrous steelseries raw which is supposedly based off of the IME 3(which I don't get since it's ambedextrious).

Also as to quoting I typically don't include the entire post if it is too long so my post does not take up an entire page, It is just a thing I do I guess. Ill work on it :)

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Haven't the foggiest I'm afraid. :huh:  It's a pity you're not in Asia like Jokrik, I'd recommended him to the local distributor of Ducky in my country, which he sometimes visit. I had PM'ed him about the limited number of Whites available here (only 10) and he'd immediately contacted the distributor to change his reservation of the MX Blue version to Whites. The distributor is holding a White for him and I'm sure he's anxious to try out a full Cherry White board. One thing about local price though, they're exorbitant! I'd paid about 250USD for my YOTS.....and this yellow DS3 isn't cheap either.......especially the Whites.

That distributor's boss happens to be my customer few days ago. =P

finally this arrived cm storm quickfire ultimate

(brown switches)

<3

A5XxBZC.jpg

[I will never die.]

I ordered my first mechanical keyboard today. :)
I´m currently using a Logitech g510 and for my first mechanical keyboard I'm going with an Ducky Shine 3 MX Green and blue backlight, since I tried blues at a local store and found out that they where kind of to soft and I really like the tactile feedback of the blues.

That thing is better worth it´s money, otherwise I think I would be quite disappointed.

I can´t wait till it arrives, but I think I have to wait quite a while since the MX Greens are rare and shipping from the us isn´t that fast either.

(sorry for my bad English skills, I´m trying my best to improve them) 

Case: Antec DF-30 CPUi5-2500k@4.60GHz Board: Asus P8P67 RAM: 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz (9-9-9-27) GPU: EVGA GTX570HD@850mhz PSU: Xilence 700W HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda + 120gb Intel 520 SSD 

Tesoro Durundal Cherry MX Brown.  Powered USB ports, audio and mic pass through, individual back lit keys.  Pretty nice, considering when I got it, it was one of the only red LED, MX Brown boards with everything I wanted.

My MAX Nighthawk x8:

tumblr_muhh9hVzmE1r2e6iro2_1280.jpg

tumblr_muhh9hVzmE1r2e6iro1_1280.jpg

Love the way the keyboard looks with the clear keycaps. I added red O-rings on them, even if brown switches are already meant to be quiet. I really enjoy the shorter distance travel, it feels like I'm barely pressing each key for each to record.

I might just go and do a rainbow LED mod on it one day, with the following pattern:

tumblr_mxrc9kMLER1r2e6iro1_1280.png

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I have massive hands so lots of buttons in a small area do not work for me. I simply cannot fathom how people use MMO mice for example. So I can use all the buttons on the G400 just fine, the front dpi button is a little bit cumbersome to press since I have to reach over the scroll wheel but I can press with relative ease. However I tend not to use DPI toggling (unless I want my 3rd person character to freak out on other people's screens) so I can keep consistency with my sensitivity. I would normally bind those buttons to random keys I never use but for whatever reason the Logitech drivers mess with certain games so I just uninstalled them entirely.

I think the shape of the G500 I like possibly more than the G400 however the button placement and sensor was enough for me to return to the G400. However I still have not found a mouse that I like the shape as much as the Intellimouse. I am seriously considering picking up a Steelseries Rival since it looks like a non ambidextrous steelseries raw which is supposedly based off of the IME 3(which I don't get since it's ambedextrious).

Also as to quoting I typically don't include the entire post if it is too long so my post does not take up an entire page, It is just a thing I do I guess. Ill work on it :)

The Rival is SteelSeries competitor for Razer's Deathadder. The SteelSeries Kana is the one that is styled after the microsoft IME mice, which I assume they got right since they used to make modded versions of the 1.1 and 3.0.

You dont need to include the entire post but you should at least include what your replying to specifically. I usually just quote the whole thing because im lazy and dont want to edit it, also doing that sort of thing on tapatalk which I do a good amount of posting with on my phone would be quite time consuming.

I think Jokrik's gonna flip when he hears this, Ducky will be releasing DS3's with MX Green.......I'm so struggling with myself as to whether I should get one.......but having two full sized DS3's, perhaps a TKL DS3 with Greens would be more suited for me.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R7 5700X3D (8C/16T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Logitech G915 + G303 Shroud Ed + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Logitech G613 + G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I think Jokrik's gonna flip when he hears this, Ducky will be releasing DS3's with MX Green.......I'm so struggling with myself as to whether I should get one.......but having two full sized DS3's, perhaps a TKL DS3 with Greens would be more suited for me.

You know me so well! haha

I dont think I'm getting another green man, since I have my trigger in green and I've converted my Filco to green

FilcoYellow-2_zpsd0e00189.jpg

I've found my most suitable switch already which is 62g/67g blue switch

its so crisp and it has to be double shot ABS from GMK, now I know what they call typegasm :D

Btw ,

Ducky1_zps87241aa4.jpg

Ducky2_zps543407fb.jpg

Ducky3_zps3cacc47a.jpg

Ducky4_zps013e9d6a.jpg

So happy! but I'm not a big fan of the engraved caps since somehow I still need to look at the letters once in a while and its pretty hard to see without the LED on

and that no-rubber on the adjustable angled feet is driving me crazy, I have a glass table and it slides around

but man this white switch has softy padded click

totally different from that crisp click I'm used to, loving both!

Heh, it's good to see that you're liking the Whites, I love it myself.....not as much as Topre, but fast becoming one of my fave Cherry switch types.  :wub:

As for the Cherry Green DS3, only way I can justify another DS3 is that there's a TKL version, then I'd prolly score one.....btw, Jokrik, your photography is excellent. B)  I kind of regret no joining the Bumblebee key set..... :(

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R7 5700X3D (8C/16T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Logitech G915 + G303 Shroud Ed + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Logitech G613 + G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

where my yellow keyboard with whites :(

Thx!Photography is one of my other hobby

And that ducky yellow shots is crappiest one Ive ever took

Its been raining hard since morning and I need sunlight to take good shots :(

The next keyboard Im gonna get is the coming cm topre with mx compatible keycaps. Which I think still far to be released

Unless I can get a hold of topre 55g high profile cap, which I heard our trusted shop will have soon...

My poor wallet

Thx!Photography is one of my other hobby

And that ducky yellow shots is crappiest one Ive ever took

Its been raining hard since morning and I need sunlight to take good shots :(

The next keyboard Im gonna get is the coming cm topre with mx compatible keycaps. Which I think still far to be released

Unless I can get a hold of topre 55g high profile cap, which I heard our trusted shop will have soon...

My poor wallet

I want that CM Topre bad, very bad. Also you should get yourself a OttLite as the full spectrum lighting makes for great pics as well as a great close up work light.

I want that CM Topre bad, very bad. Also you should get yourself a OttLite as the full spectrum lighting makes for great pics as well as a great close up work light.

I might just buy a mini studio box, 

I'm more into peoples photography (candid) so a proper studio setup is not worth for me

sigh this pbt engraved cap is killing me, I'm the type of person who need to look at the letters when i'm about to type or put my fingers on it

and engraved is so hard to see especially i'm not used to a full size kb any more

Might change the keycap as soon as my yellow tai hao arrive 

are you getting the same keyboard too?

I might just buy a mini studio box, 

I'm more into peoples photography (candid) so a proper studio setup is not worth for me

sigh this pbt engraved cap is killing me, I'm the type of person who need to look at the letters when i'm about to type or put my fingers on it

and engraved is so hard to see especially i'm not used to a full size kb any more

Might change the keycap as soon as my yellow tai hao arrive 

are you getting the same keyboard too?

I want the yellow one its soo nice and id prefer whites as I have never used them on a whole board. The thing is that they are back ordered on NCIX US.

What do you guys think of the Logitech 710+ if I want Cherry MX browns.

Tis a fine keyboard and already has the orings on it so it save yo usome time and money

where my yellow keyboard with whites :( 

----------------------------------------------------------------

I want the yellow one its soo nice and id prefer whites as I have never used them on a whole board. The thing is that they are back ordered on NCIX US.

I'd be happy to get one to send to you, if you want it, but you can ask Jokrik, local prices in my neck of the woods is ridiculously priced. The only advantage we have is that we can physically look at the board, fiddle with the keys before buying. I guess you have to be patient and one of the lucky ones to have reserved a White, otherwise, it'd be really tough to get one given the limited supply. That's why I'd told the local distributer to hold one (originally thought it was Clear) for me, and to post on his thread of its release.....he'd posted it late in the evening, I was at his shop the very next day. B)

I'd be happy to get one to send to you, if you want it, but you can ask Jokrik, local prices in my neck of the woods is ridiculously priced. The only advantage we have is that we can physically look at the board, fiddle with the keys before buying. I guess you have to be patient and one of the lucky ones to have reserved a White, otherwise, it'd be really tough to get one given the limited supply. That's why I'd told the local distributer to hold one (originally thought it was Clear) for me, and to post on his thread of its release.....he'd posted it late in the evening, I was at his shop the very next day. B)

yea ill see what happens with NZXT i dont necessarily have money for another board at the moment wither really.

Yes, the price is indeed abit massive, but I dont even have a choice in my country thats why I have to fly accross the seas just to get one

I am now in search of japanese proxy which can ship to my country, I found there are a lot of stuff I want especially from diatech website (they have topre too GD) which I just found that their fee and shipping are still reasonable too, so in total... You know what I mean

I really wanna get that marble wrist rest

yea ill see what happens with NZXT i dont necessarily have money for another board at the moment wither really.

Hang in there man!

I even have to wait for my motherboard block to release and my gpu block to be in stock. I wont have a proper pc for another 2 months at least

But it will all be worth it, just like keyboards :)

For now, mobile browsing ftw

hi if anyone is still on this can they please let me know what keyboard is best out of the Ducky Shine III, the Corsair K95 and the Corsair K70 as I am building my first pc and have been recommended blue of brown mech switches for my keyboard

Hang in there man!

I even have to wait for my motherboard block to release and my gpu block to be in stock. I wont have a proper pc for another 2 months at least

But it will all be worth it, just like keyboards :)

For now, mobile browsing ftw

get yourself tapatalk its a game changer for forums

hi if anyone is still on this can they please let me know what keyboard is best out of the Ducky Shine III, the Corsair K95 and the Corsair K70 as I am building my first pc and have been recommended blue of brown mech switches for my keyboard

I'm in the same boat.. DS3 vs K70 & brown vs blue switches. :-/

I hate decisions.

Why does no one ever consider a WASD v2 I know they sold out real quick but their definitely a quality board, hell even the v1 was.