How to start litecoin mining!

turn "Stratum" off.

would like to try that, but the program won't start correctly. When I doubleclick the exe it launches on my taskbar, but when I click that it disappears.

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

does anyone know how long it will take to get a litecoin with a 780? and does anyone know the power rates in australia nsw?

does anyone know how long it will take to get a litecoin with a 780? and does anyone know the power rates in australia nsw?

You can google the power rates, 

Here's a calculator that takes in the difficulty, your hast rate and the cost of LTC at the given time: https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc

Here's a chart of hardware comparison for the estimated hash rates of most given cards: https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison

EDIT! 

You're also going to want to use the program Cuda-Miner for best results when mining with an Nvidia card. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Litecoin wallet says 107 weeks behind and won't synchronize and avast recognises a virus in guiminer zip.

would like to try that, but the program won't start correctly. When I doubleclick the exe it launches on my taskbar, but when I click that it disappears.

Run as admin

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Litecoin wallet says 107 weeks behind and won't synchronize and avast recognises a virus in guiminer zip.

The wallet might take some time..

And its not a virus, all antivirus programs will think that any miner is a virus.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

You can google the power rates, 

Here's a calculator that takes in the difficulty, your hast rate and the cost of LTC at the given time: https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc

Here's a chart of hardware comparison for the estimated hash rates of most given cards: https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison

EDIT! 

You're also going to want to use the program Cuda-Miner for best results when mining with an Nvidia card. 

do u think its worth it to get into litecoin now? i know u dont know the future but would u?

And its not a virus, all antivirus programs will think that any miner is a virus.

It is synchronizing very slowly. Is there a way to download pre-synchronized client? It's at 105 weeks now.

It is synchronizing very slowly. Is there a way to download pre-synchronized client? It's at 105 weeks now.

nope, just gotta wait.

ye I figured the virus thing out, I'll try again next week and let you know if it works..

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

nope, just gotta wait.

I have just one more question. What does affect the speed of synchronization? Is it the CPU, internet...?

I have just one more question. What does affect the speed of synchronization? Is it the CPU, internet...?

internet, its downloading

Hodor stop being so impatient, I did it and it only took less than an hour.

So there was another guide like this which used GUIminer, but for me, (I have a 660TI), it couldn't recognize and I had to download CUDA stuff.

After downloading the almost 1GB CUDA stuff I had to download Visual studios and after installing the correct one CUDA still couldn't recognize the right one, so I gave up on that.

Turned to CUDAminer and everything is working fine now, Im also in Netcodepool and I don't know how to stop mining LOL. Can someone tell me how?

Guiminer should include cudaminer, if you add another worker/card there should be a drop down menu to select between a few miners.

I don't get that, I downloaded GUIminer and the device just said 660TI, there were no threads etc.

midpost edit: So I added another worker and added a CUDA miner. IS the only thing you have to add is the username, password and host and then you can start?

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Why does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware say that it detects 2 malicious items in the GUI Miner folder that you provided?

It appears I can't connect to the server: v6deUsH.png

I set up my account correctly, what could be the cause?

Your username does not have the number after it like .1 or what ever your chose with your pool. Default is usually 1. Also I see you have a long password, it is not suggested that you use a "real" password because they are easy to obtain. All someone can do if they get in your worker is mine you coins which is more of a gift then any thing :P

i5-3570k l ASRock Z77 Extreme6 LGA1155 I G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 I Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5' 7200RPM I Sapphire Radeon 7950 3GB I Cooler Master Storm Enforcer I SeaSonic 620W I Windows 7

Mine has been synchronizing for days and is still 2 hours behind. Any way to fix this? Re-install?

FX 6300 - MSI 7870 Ghz - M5A97 R2.0 - Team Vulcan 8GB - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - Rosewill HIVE 550w - NZXT Source 210 (white) - Loud Fans

Peripherals - Logitech G105 - Cobra mouse - Acer G236HL - Logitech desktop mic - Logitech LS21 - Audio Technica ATH-M30

Laptop - Acer Aspire V3 - A84500m - 7670m - 15.6" screen (1366x768) - 3.5GB DDR3  - 500GB Scorpio Blue

Ya, I'm looking for a good pool as well. 

My Litecoin is already synchronized - and has been for days - but i can't connect to any pools.

Mining solo is not an option because that would take forever and a day to achieve anything. I'm using a 7850. 

I personally use wemineltc.com and haven't had a single issue yet...

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

what about nvdia cards?

Using a 2x 780 @ 1200/7000 myself and getting around 460 KH/s each, my other rig is a 5970 and 2x5850 producing 1450KH/s so yeah nvidia cards can be used, but not as efficient as AMD cards.

Harr, darr and a couple of....... plastic earings?

LTC Wallet: LMiWdifKAN546FjyRspfhmfBWidyRPeEUK

Thanks for the guide. Very useful

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T @ 3.8 GHz | Gigabyte 870A-USB3 | Kingston ValueRAM 2x2GB 1333 MHz | ASUS nVidia ENGTX460 1 GB | Corsair H60 

Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced Edition | Toshiba 1 TB HDD | Logitech G300 | Cheapo Keyboard | Genius GX Gaming Lychas | SteelSeries Qck Mass Le White

Nice guide i was considering writing one but i cba <.<

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------