I have had this monitor for a while now and like it a lot (I've even bought a second one). And while that's not much of a review, I did just discover something I did not find on the official Acer page about this monitor. The HDMI ports are HDMI 2.0! While you may be asking yourself "TheGeek, why arn't you using DVI or DisplayPort?" the answer is Media Center. I have an HD Homerun Prime (sorry Canadian readers) and it NEEDS Windows Media Center to keep the chain of Copy Protection happy. Now my imagination is hearing the hypothetical reader ask "But TheGeek, DisplayPort supports HDCP!" and your right... BUT WMC does not recognize DisplayPort as a connection that supports HDCP. A little overview of my setup before we go on. I have a GTX 980ti, 2 Acer K272HUL's, and a Acer XB270HU monitor (a real review on that later perhaps). My EVGA 980ti has 1 DVI port, 1 HDMI 2.0 port, and 3 DisplayPorts. The XB270HU needs display port and because I want to watch HD cable on as many montors as I can, I want to hook the K272HUL's up to the other connections. DVI was straight forward enough, but I could find no evidence online that theK272HUL supported HDMI 2.0. I tried all sorts of adapters to go from HDMI to Dual-link DVI and NONE of them got me real 1440p on the display (I could make a custom resolution in the Nvidia Control pannel, but it was 1440p squeezed through 1080p). Finaly today I thought "What if I just hook it up with straight HDMI?" and IT WORKS! Hopefully you find this knowlage useful and won't suffer the same headachs I did.

title says H272HUL but in the post it's K272HUL....

I have the K272HUL, are you absolutely sure it's HDMI 2.0? The release date for this monitor is before HDMI 2.0 even came to market. Was there ever a revision of this product?

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

is HDMI 1.4 capable of 1440 @ 60 hz? I don't think it is, but I could be wrong

i believe yes but barely. Definately on a Mac since it doesn't use 12-bit color.

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

I have this monitor. It definitely runs at 1440p60 whether I'm using HDMI, DVI or DisplayPort. I prefer HDMI because every time I use DP and turn the monitor off it completely disconnects the monitor and screws everything up. I hate DisplayPort.