So I got a windows update...

SauronsV
Go to solution Solved by Altecice,

If its a black screen with a blue circle with a percent in the middle its just performing the last big update that was pushed out a month or so ago. Its nothing to worry about.

I was on windows 10 and I checked to see if I got an update, and I install it yeah, it looks like it is reinstalling windows 10. It had the same low resolution black screen from when I first upgraded to windows 10. Is it actually reinstalling windows 10? Or is it just a weird update, it says it needs to restart 3 times in order to finish it. Im really worried and pissed off, because I dont want to reinstall everything again due to microsoft bs. So any of you had this problem?

If its a black screen with a blue circle with a percent in the middle its just performing the last big update that was pushed out a month or so ago. Its nothing to worry about.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I was on windows 10 and I checked to see if I got an update, and I install it yeah, it looks like it is reinstalling windows 10. It had the same low resolution black screen from when I first upgraded to windows 10. Is it actually reinstalling windows 10? Or is it just a weird update, it says it needs to restart 3 times in order to finish it. Im really worried and pissed off, because I dont want to reinstall everything again due to microsoft bs. So any of you had this problem?

It's just a big update, it's not re-installing it.

Main issues you'll run into are that your program defaults will be set back to Windows apps for pictures/movies/etc. You'll have to change em back.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

I hope your right, but why am I only getting this now? Actually It would probably make sense I was in UNI and came back and just decided to manually check windows update and this is what it was. It is updating pretty quickly, so thats a plus. Will find out soon

EDIT: It was a big update, so all is good :D