Belkin N600 DB Router Review!

Looking for a new router? This might not be the answer! lol

So this is a $70 802.11n router that works okay(at least for me)in my ~1470 sq. foot house. Speeds on the N600 are far better than the router that came from my ISP(which is AT&T), mainly because of the huge difference in wireless technology.

The Good

• USB 2.0 port on the back is great for effortlessly putting in a flash drive and sharing the storage on the network on most operating systems. I have tried it on Windows 10 and Ubuntu 15.10.
  • The router's design is great, so you won't feel the need to hide it away in your entertainment center.
  • 4 Ethernet ports for lots of wired connections
  • 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, and Guest bands are nice
  • The Web UI is pretty easy to work with no matter your skill level.
  • Easy setup

The Bad

• HORRIBLE radius (like seriously bad)
  • Web UI doesn't give you many advanced options
  • Web UI is slow to apply settings

The Conclusion

The N600 DB is great if you have like a tiny apartment, but not a house. My small one story house has bad connection where it even drops out at the opposite end. Everything else about this router is great, but I definitely  can't recommend this because of its radius.

Thanks for reading!

You could try DDWRT to increase the coverage, worked on my netgear

yours should be called the Belkin F7D8301 and whatever revision it is (v1,v2,etc.)

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Update: I have found that my router doesn't have any issues, this model just has horrible range. I chatted with their tech support and they confirmed this.