Any Anti-Malware for Ubuntu 14.04

Hoi .3. just wondering if there is any anti-virus/anti-malware for Ubuntu 14.04 thanks :3

and I know its not likely for me to get anything (although it is possible that’s why I said 'not likely' :P) but better safe than sorry

afaik most (i know of one different case, and it was a very malicious prank) linux targeted attacks are for gaining unauthorized access, and not installing malicious software.

CommonSense has you covered.

as much as i preach this is not the case, you have to be a dang frikkin' idiot to screw up on ubuntu...

windows virusses are in very weird corners tho... (device that hasnt accessed the net, nor has rebooted, since the last time a scan was run, BOOM virus...)

thanks -_-

it's an absolutely serious answer, that's the thing. if you need an antivirus on linux, you're stupid and should probably be running something like Windows. linux is meant for powerusers who aren't going to run every command in an elevated prompt they see on the internet.

afaik most (i know of one different case, and it was a very malicious prank) linux targeted attacks are for gaining unauthorized access, and not installing malicious software.

I literally went on google and searched for it i thought it was a anti-virus/malware 'Afaik'

it's an absolutely serious answer, that's the thing. if you need an antivirus on linux, you're stupid and should probably be running something like Windows. linux is meant for powerusers who aren't going to run every command in an elevated prompt they see on the internet.

Fine

Change your root pw to something really hard to just guess and only install things you are sure about. Unlike windows, on Linux you actually need to enter root pw everytime you install/update something. Its not like anything can get installed while you are logged in. You must know about it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Hi,

I live in one of the most malware and virus living on PCs places in the World - the Philippines.

Once I switched to Ubuntu Linux, no problems, ever. I don't have a virus checker or a malware 'thing' installed on my pc. Don't need it.

Windows allows bad behavior, which Linux and Unix both lock down.

There are software for those things in Linux, but as long as you remember you have to give permission for the bad thing to run. Unlike Windows which will allow almost anything to run.

I used to have a house full of Windows PCs. However, the family kept getting malware, virus, and trojan horse software. Partly because they don't know what to do, and they install a lot of bad things. Once I switched all of them to Ubuntu Linux, no more work for me. It used to be at least one Windows 'rebuild' per month, and since I switched, NOT a single rebuild.

AraiBob