H440 Power LED Ghetto Mod

Nexxus

So this is a thing I came up with, I undid it since I got NZXT Hue+ and it makes no sense to me but there is a ghetto easy cheap way to mod the power LED light on your case. (not this was on a white H440 it wont really work on one with a coloured LED.

Step 1) Make yourself one of these

JQCJ3ij.jpg

What this is is Saran/plastic wrap coloured red on each side via a marker. You want it to be a long strip like this.

Step 2) remove your H440 top panel

Step 3) Place your saran wrap over this area of the case

zzzTApq.png

Step 4) Place your top panel back on to get an idea of the colouring

Step 5) Odds are the shade you picked is going to be very dim, So fold your plastic over (probably 3 or 4 times) to increase the saturation in the light ring, folding to much will start to dim the light though

Step 6) Fully pop your pop panel on being gentle to not shift the plastic to much and you are good to go, coloured Power button LED

And you are done!

6yTipA0.png

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Do you have a finished photo???  I'm actually considering doing this.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Do you have a finished photo???  I'm actually considering doing this.

Not a good one, it was only taken with my nexus 4 and it was before I started to fold the plastic over for a better result so it came up more pink then red. I assure you the results are way better when you start folding the plastic over.

https://www.instagram.com/p/vmYi_oqK0O/

edit fuck it I will put it back for a better pic hold on

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Not a good one, it was only taken with my nexus 4 and it was before I started to fold the plastic over for a better result so it came up more pink then red. I assure you the results are way better when you start folding the plastic over.

https://www.instagram.com/p/vmYi_oqK0O/

edit fuck it I will put it back for a better pic hold on

I'll definitely try it now.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

I'll definitely try it now.

Gy3CHGf.jpg

System Specs