i7 3770

Axelz

o have a i7 3770

i get 500 fps in minekraft, but when i start recording i drop to ~100, which sucks cause my monitor is 144hz and i want constant good fps

same thing in csgo i get 200 fps but whenever i join a sever with loads of players my fps drops to like 80

is this my cpu's fault? im thinking on upgrading my pc and considering on upgrading my cpu 2, it could also be a hard drive issue, as mine sucks or other issue wat you guys think, upgrade or its not a problem in the cpu thats getting me low fps

Your CPU is fine, what recording software are you using? The frames should not dip that much

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Your CPU is fine, what recording software are you using?

im using fraps (probably using it with a wrong setup), i used action before and it didnt drop as many fps, but i still get low fps on many player servers in csgo which should be on the cpu side. nevermind the budget, wouldnt it be wise to upgrade the cpu?

Fraps is terrible, that's why. What GPU do you have?

gtx 660

im using fraps (probably using it with a wrong setup), i used action before and it didnt drop as many fps, but i still get low fps on many player servers in csgo which should be on the cpu side. nevermind the budget, wouldnt it be wise to upgrade the cpu?

No no, the 3770 is way more than enough for CS:GO. What is your GPU?   Yea, upgrade your GPU. The GTX 660 is very weak

Also, I would go back to Action. Fraps is garbage :P

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

i expire

No no, the 3770 is way more than enough for CS:GO. What is your GPU?   Yea, upgrade your GPU. The GTX 660 is very weak

Also, I would go back to Action. Fraps is garbage :P

i expired the trial for action  :(

i expire

i expired the trial for action  :(

Use your budget to buy action + a good gpu

well thanks to you all that helped a noob out. <3 you guys and happy new year

Try using obs to record it uses much less resources esp if you use quicksynce.

sorry to revive this post, but would i also be fine streaming with this cpu?

and are there any tips to make my cpu faster/run better?

and are there any tips to make my cpu faster/run better?

The general tips are:

1. Get rid of all software that does not require to being ran at the moment.

2. Use a software that keeps compressing video as it captures it - Fraps is NOT this type of software, or at least it handles the job poorly... With gtx660 you should be able to use Shadowplay by NVIDIA, as mentioned earlier.

3.Set the recording frame rate to 60fps, since YouTube wont handle any more anyway. If you are streaming to twitch, make sire what is the maximum frame rate that can be streamed so you wont have to lose the horsepower.

4. You might try prioritizing the certain processes in Task Manager, which makes them generally take higher priority over other programs.

And in terms of the CPU itself...

(sorry I just lost the plot over here :/)

You can Overclock it

Make sure it doesn't thermal-throttle (check that up on Linus's video if you don't know what it means.)

Under the NVIDIA settings, set PhysX to GPU rather than CPU